a beat up 95 or an 84 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > a beat up 95 or an 84

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
dannnn
1995 XJ Cherokee 

a beat up 95 or an 84

Ok so currently I a 95 cherokee it straight 4.0. I just paid 600 for it but it has some problems it needs a new front axle, a front drive shaft, the engine had been pretty beat on, and the motor mount bolts are broken off into the engine. I was thinking about buying a 1984 xj with the 2.8 that runs but has minor problems From sorting for 5 or so years. I was wondering if it is worth it to get the 2.8 or just fix up the 95. any advice?

dannnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Personally I wouldn't touch an 84 if you plan on wheeling it. Seems like a motor swap and axle swap would be a better idea for your current one.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

95. unless you have a 4.3 ready to swap in that 84
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.