Back in the saddle again. -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-14-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
2003 KJ Liberty 
Back in the saddle again.

OK. Yesterday I bought my 5th Jeep and 3rd XJ. I had traded in my 2000 Cherokee back in 2013 when I bought my 13' Dodge Dart. I really like my Dart but I have missed my Jeep. Yesterday I bought a 1998 Cherokee Limited from a little corner lot dealer in Amelia Oh. It has 208,000 miles which kind of worried me at first. However after looking the truck over I discovered a Jeep that is in pretty good shape overall. It has zero rust in the body, rockers, fenders and floors. Even the bottom edge of all the doors are rust free. The only rust I found was a spot around one end of the bar that runs above the rear license plate. During the test drive I found the following. Headliner sagging, passenger power window not working, rear hatch would not open, loud exhaust, a bit of clunking noise in the front end. The dealer wanted $2995.00. I offered $2600. as is. He accepted the offer. I then asked him how many of the problems I had found he would fix if I paid the asking price. He said he would fix everything I had found except the headliner. I put a deposit on it and thought about it for a couple of days. I decided to pay the asking price for the needed repairs. I picked it up yesterday. he fixed everything he said he would including a new exhaust from the cat back. So now I'm hoping the weather improves soon so I can get to work cleaning and fixing the small amount of rust and get it looking as good as possible. I will post some pics as I go but it's snowing here today.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 02-14-2016, 05:12 PM
1997 XJ Cherokee 
Sounds like you hit a home run on the purchase. I recall a very high end body shop in Amelia from back in the '90's when we owned a triple black 911 Cabriolet & the shop did very nice work for us.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Hold my beer
2001 XJ Cherokee 
Welcome back!

Sounds like you came out with a pretty solid rig to start on.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.