Back in a Jeep!!! New XJ - Pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Back in a Jeep!!! New XJ - Pics

ECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 03-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
inv3ctiv3
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Back in a Jeep!!! New XJ - Pics

Just sold my 1988 Land Cruiser and picked up this 2001 Cherokee Sport 4x4! I'll miss the FJ62 for sure but it had 240k miles and got 10MPG which just wasn't working for me.

It has 132,000 miles on it and is in great condition, bought it from an older lady who doesn't drive anymore. Funny thing is when I went to test drive I went to roll down all the windows and the rear passenger side window rolled down slowly then wouldn't roll back up.....I've read the switches go bad on these? What should I check for or replace? I was able to slowly inch the window almost all the way back up throughout the day but it's still down about 2". Also the first thing I did was get rid of the crappy OEM stereo and put in a JVC USB receiver I've had in other cars and love but the front speakers don't work....

I'm looking for recommendations from you guys on things I need to check and replace at this mileage. It also needs new tires, I am open to going bigger as I will be doing a bit of offroading but I live on a ranch where we have lemon orchards which have big thorns so most importantly looking for tough tires with thick plys. Any necessary mods for light offroading I should do?

Feels good to be back in a Jeep!

Anyway here are some pics:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.