Back and Building - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Back and Building

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #61
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

That's exactly what my fluid looked like after I regeared. The fluid had about 750 miles on it.

Unread 01-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #62
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

It's been changed once already, idk how many miles it sat for a while too. It's fresh in there now but this was so thick it was uncomfortable to look at. Hopefully all is well with everything in there.

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #63
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Post up the pattern when they look at it.

I didn't put any paint on mine but you can still kinda see it here:
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #64
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got a horrible phone call. Rear locker is toast. The guy who sold it to me (a local club member even) ****ed me. there goes 1000 bucks i dont really have in the budget. beyond pissed

Unread 01-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #65
Xride

What locker were you putting in the rear? Why's it toast?

Sounds like a drive to that members house might be in order.
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #66
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just stumbled onto this thread, I remember your old one. Know its a little late but welcome back. Keep up the good work, Will be keeping an eye on it.

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #67
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride
What locker were you putting in the rear? Why's it toast?

Sounds like a drive to that members house might be in order.
I bought ya TJ rubicon rear used with a broken shaft and no brakes. The locker came with it. Was told it was fine. It was three years ago and I unfortunately don't recall his name or have any emails from then, or I'd be on my way to break a kneecap. I'm a nice guy but don't mess with me, my woman, my wallet or my jeep or the dirty punk hardcore ******* comes out to play :

) I'm over it, it sucks, It looks like I'm getting a grizzly locker for it as long as my front end checks out okay on Monday and I can use 4wd in case of snow or ice. Getting used to an automatic locker in northeast winter is not something I want to risk. I don't think it'll be a problem in the long run, but I've never driven one other than on the trail.

Unread 01-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #68
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93
Just stumbled onto this thread, I remember your old one. Know its a little late but welcome back. Keep up the good work, Will be keeping an eye on it.
Same jeep, it just sat and is finally having the master plan come to fruition. Thank though I'm glad to be an active member of the community again.

Unread 01-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #69
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post

) I'm over it, it sucks, It looks like I'm getting a grizzly locker for it as long as my front end checks out okay on Monday and I can use 4wd in case of snow or ice. Getting used to an automatic locker in northeast winter is not something I want to risk. I don't think it'll be a problem in the long run, but I've never driven one other than on the trail.
****ty deal on the used one.
Is the Grizzly a selectable or a lunchbox locker?
I daily drove my XJ with a loc rite in the rear and never had an issue in the snow, I prefer the predictability over the rear being open personally.
But for the front I am having the same locker debate myself, I no longer daily drive mine, but am worried that a lunchbox locker may be a hinderance off roading.
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #70
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
****ty deal on the used one.
Is the Grizzly a selectable or a lunchbox locker?
I daily drove my XJ with a loc rite in the rear and never had an issue in the snow, I prefer the predictability over the rear being open personally.
But for the front I am having the same locker debate myself, I no longer daily drive mine, but am worried that a lunchbox locker may be a hinderance off roading.
It's a full automatic locker not a lunchbox locker it's it's own carrier, The Yukon Zip locker is a selectable air locker.

The front will be selectable, hopefully with the factory rubicon front locker that's in there already.

Unread 01-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #71
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Shocks came in but they're too long. What going to go wrong next with this build? I plan and plan and triple check measurements and take time off work only to get set back at every step. If it wasn't my daily I would be so stressed out about it. This really suck and there's a lot of snow on its way too.

Unread 01-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #72
DCshakenbake
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey man jees looking good! I'm in the process of building my xj too after owning 3 zjs I should've got an xj a long time ago haha what's your instagram name I'd love to follow you and check out more pics of your rig
DCshakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #73
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCshakenbake View Post
Hey man jees looking good! I'm in the process of building my xj too after owning 3 zjs I should've got an xj a long time ago haha what's your instagram name I'd love to follow you and check out more pics of your rig
@hot_beef_sundae

Unread 01-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #74
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

okay. so the correct shocks are on their way, my LED headlights came in, tested but not installed (i'm super pumped and there will be awesome pictures don't worry)

Replaced my trans mount on monday and that cured a lot of the vibrations i was getting, i still feel something else off up front though but i'm having trouble sourcing it.

Rear end still not in. getting frustrated with that.

Unread 02-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #75
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got the Bilstien 5100's installed and the LED headlights, which i must say, are better than stock, awesome color very true white light, been good for the wet pavement conditions i've had the past couple days. I'm having an alignment issue though, the beam is much broader than with a bulb in my IPF Housings, so i'm trying to find the sweet spot still, for $150 bucks, they're awesome. i did have to cut holes in the sheet metal behind the headlamp for clearance. I think that's due to the IPF housing's being deep, it's like 5mm too long.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.