Back and Building - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Back and Building

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 01-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #46
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07 View Post
nice! man JK RUBICON Axles huh? did you get these somehow for a great deal? around here those things can be pretty pricey, probably close to 1k each. maybe more.
I said TJ not JK i got the front for 900 complete with brakes and Blue torch fab lower mounts from a guy and the rear for 450 just housing, ruffstuff cover, and locker. he broke a shaft and went to D60's had to source everything else

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #47
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ah! i read TJ also but for some reason thought JK right off the bat, lol my bad! anywho nice! not a bad deal and matching front and rear set that is freaking cool on an xj! just dont see both front and rear d44's anymore, seems to be "outdated" now or "not worth it" in other peoples opinions. cant wait to see them on the ole jeep man!
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #48
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
got a few things done over my weekend

Got the rear axle housing cleaned up and painted, ready for spring and shock mounts and assembly now. That work is being done at Globex Perforence in Toms River, NJ

The cold weather required the housing to be brought inside to fully cure. I had made a joke about this on my instagram saying if i had a wife, she'd kill me. That was followed by a text from my girlfriend saying she'd never get mad for having jeep parts in the house. Can you say KEEPER?!

and diff cover

also, how can i change the name of this thread to something more appropriate?
bunch of my buddys hang out down there at Globex. they know the owners.

Lucky your GF is cool too. i had sliders sitting in the living room for a week and mine didnt care at all lol gonna swap over to rear disc for the rear?

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #49
Xride

Looking good.

I have my sliders painted up and waiting to be installed too. I'm kind of excited. Would love to read your install of them before I give it a go though, lol.
Unread 01-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #50
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes

bunch of my buddys hang out down there at Globex. they know the owners.

Lucky your GF is cool too. i had sliders sitting in the living room for a week and mine didnt care at all lol gonna swap over to rear disc for the rear?
Yea I'm friends with most of the guys down there. They do great work. Wish I had the time and a welder to take care of it myself. They'll do a good job and I can probably hang in the shop and get my hands dirty too.

Yea I acquired the factory disc setup for the rear for 200 shipping from a guy in CO even got the parking brake!

Yea the GF is awesome. She's looking into getting a JK for herself. It'll probably just stay stock though.

Unread 01-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #51
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride
Looking good.

I have my sliders painted up and waiting to be installed too. I'm kind of excited. Would love to read your install of them before I give it a go though, lol.
Thanks, my sliders have been on for 7 years now though. It's easy. I'm removing them at some pint this year in favor of weld in sliders

Unread 01-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #52
Xride

Quote:
Thanks, my sliders have been on for 7 years now though. It's easy. I'm removing them at some pint this year in favor of weld in sliders
Oh, that is a while. lol.

How come you don't just weld the bolt on one? Or is there a big difference between the two? And why weld in over bolt?

Overall have you liked the sliders? great ride, great flex?
Unread 01-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #53
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride

Oh, that is a while. lol.

How come you don't just weld the bolt on one? Or is there a big difference between the two? And why weld in over bolt?

Overall have you liked the sliders? great ride, great flex?
Damn sorry I totally read your post wrong. Thought for some reason you meant rock sliders haha. Brain fart. Yea I'm excited. It's going to be hard to tell exactly what's going to make the rear ride the way it will. I'm excited I want next week to be here already!

Unread 01-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #54
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Was just doing some measuring/ test fitting and noticed that in order to bolt in the leaf sliders, the stock bumper and bumper bracket (including the mounting bolt) have to get hacked into and part of the unibody. Wonderful. Looks like ill be doing a rear cut and fold as well while I'm at it.

Unread 01-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #55
rallybro
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Are you using LII's xj boxes? When I did them I just had to trim some of the rear pinch ream and a little bit of the stock bumper (rallybro build thread for pics) it's not bad at all.
rallybro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #56
Xride

Quote:
Was just doing some measuring/ test fitting and noticed that in order to bolt in the leaf sliders, the stock bumper and bumper bracket (including the mounting bolt) have to get hacked into and part of the unibody. Wonderful. Looks like ill be doing a rear cut and fold as well while I'm at it.
Reading back my post wasn't the clearest either, lol.

Yes there is a little bumper trimming needed from what I have read, I'm a little curious how they will be when I get a rear bumper though. I didn't think the actual frame needed modification though.
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #57
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybro
Are you using LII's xj boxes? When I did them I just had to trim some of the rear pinch ream and a little bit of the stock bumper (rallybro build thread for pics) it's not bad at all.
Looking from your pictures it seems I was off as to where I had to trim. I thought the bumper bolt needed to come out too but it looks like you were able to go right next to it. Cool

Unread 01-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #58
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Please tell me you are going to marry that girl
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #59
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Please tell me you are going to marry that girl
I'm working on it!

Unread 01-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #60
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Okay so yesterday sucked. ran around all morning to get all my stuff done so i could spend the rest of my day replacing my ball joints and unit bearings. Get home get the garage situated from bicycle mode to jeep mode only to find out the compressor wont get over 50psi. My impact guns need 100psi minimum. day over right?

Well, i decided to get some of my smaller "to do's" done, like redo my headlight wiring harness so i can put the factory air box in and have the snorkel hooked up and not be a poser about it. Okay, so pull everything apart (i'm back to stock harness and ordered LED H4 bulbs instead of rewiring ) go to holesaw a port for the snorkel only to discover i left my drill at work. okay, no biggie, it's ready for the next day.

Then i jacked up the front end to change my differential fluid....

That black muck came out and there was silver sludge on the magnet plug. This was a fresh built front end that's never seen load, my front drive shaft hasn't even been in this whole time so i wouldn't put it in 4wd by accident. Not sure how this could've happened. Globex built this too so they're taking a look at it tuesday when it goes in for the rear end install. But, my ball joints and bearings feel great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.