axles and gears, and truss questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > axles and gears, and truss questions.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 04-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
kkhernandez21

axles and gears, and truss questions.

So im kind of new to axle and gear game so I had a few questions:

First: how do I tell what kind what kind of axles I got in the front end and rear end, how do you tell them apart?

Second: what are truss ment for and dose it really take of stress from the axle tube?

Third: how do I go about choosing gears, I use my xj as a daily driver and its driven from one side of town to another I run 33" tires, and I go wheeling mostly in dunes sence I live in a desert area.

Thanks for your time!

kkhernandez21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
mountainjock

1988 XJ Cherokee 

If you put your vehicle info in your signature line it helps people see what your working with as far as year/model, stuff like that. I'm no expert but you probably have the Dana 30 front axle. I think your gearing depends on if you have the tow package. Look in the Sticky section in the Cherokee Tech section. This lists alot of the stock specs. Good luck! Match your rear axle to this:
axle_id_01.gif  
4.0 I6
mountainjock is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.