Aux Transmission Cooler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Aux Transmission Cooler

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #1
oisiaa
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Aux Transmission Cooler

I want to have a transmission cooler put on my XJ. Are there any kits that I should look at or will something more generic work?

Is there any way to avoid putting the radiator directly in front of the AC condenser? I'd kind of like to have it mounted underneath with a switch operated DC fan.

Basically I'm looking for some general information so that I can have someone start on this project.

oisiaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I don't have much time now, but I will chime in quickly right now to say that some mount it in an area below the rad behindish the bumper where there's still air flow so that it doesn't compete with the rad and AC. When I get mine, I'll likely mount it similarly.

Sent from my phone
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
Wiskey
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I got a generic one (Two actually) and put them infront of the standard radiators. I get that it's a little less efficient that way, but it still works well and that keeps the assembly away from the rocks.

Whiskey
Unread 05-15-2014, 05:37 AM   #4
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Some info on what I did at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...-build-867428/ When I replaced the front clip, I made mounting brackets for it instead of tying it to the condenser.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.