What what ATXJ got a hold of a steal, 1992 XJ limited with 142k. This baby is barely breaking in. P/O was a 78 year old Vet that's owned this xj since 92.
Current stage/plan: (7/12/2014)
new plan for this jeep is going to be a expedition, daily driver rig that can handle the daily commute as well as hit the trails on the weekends for fun. Backstory for those who haven't seen the old post, got this jeep for my little sister with hopes of building it up and giving it to her for her first car. She ended up not waiting it blah blah, my dad started driving it and fell in love with it. My goal is to get this thing built up for him now, hoping that he will get back into off-roading and go out do stuff with me on the weekends. Another goal is to build this thing up and spend under $5,000 USD including the purchase price of $800. Follow a long and ask as many questions as you want. I'm gonna be learning some fab work later on in the build with hopes of making and selling some stuff. Also if anyone would like to donate anything feel free to send me a PM with whatcha got.
current build total:
1. Fix oil leak (oil filter housing or rear main) DONE
2. Replace all wear and tear parts Never done
3. Minor tune up DONE
4. Tranny, tcase, and diff fluid changes DONE
5. Tie rods, all joints. DONE
6. Replace steering column. DONE
7. Weld driver seat bracke. DONE
8. Swap in new seats
9. Durango steering box upgrade
10. upgrade brakes
11. figure out how to by-pass factory alarm
12. Valve cover gasket
13. SYE super short or hack & tap
14. Dual e fans
15. Tranny cooler.
16. Ball Joints. DONE
1. Mild lift - Wierdfabworks 4.5" lift. (3" coils/1.75" Terflex spacers, JKU shocks, s10 bastardpack) DONE
2. Roof Rack DONE
3. Front steel winch bumper
4. Rear tire carrier or Detours USA tailbone.
5. Skid protection (TC, Oil pan, Gas tank, LCA's)
6. Sound system
8. 32" KM2's DONE
8. LED Lights
9. H4 Headlight upgrade
11. Shackle relocation kit
12. YJ brake lines
13. Tow hooks DONE
14. Bushwacker flat flares
15. 97+ E-Fan upgrade DONE
16. WJ knuckles and V8 steering.
17. 97+ front clip
18. Long arms and adj. double shear trac bar.
20. LED Lights
Build Links (aka let me see some pics):
1. Maiden voyage to Hidden Falls.
2. Grill guard install and misc pics.
3. THE LIFT INSTALL!!
4. 97+ E-fan upgrade write up