aussie in D35 with 31s? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > aussie in D35 with 31s?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 03-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
Dirtyjeep92
1998 XJ Cherokee 

aussie in D35 with 31s?

an Aussie locker for a Dana 35 has been offered to me for 125. i would be running 31s on a DD/Weekend wheeler. would this be ok for me or would it just cause problems? Please chime in with any Questions, comments, whatever!

Dirtyjeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I think it would just cause problems, but someone with more experience will chime in...
motorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #3
bigdisaster

Read up on the reviews it looks pretty good!! May hear slight clicking in tight turns on asphault.
bigdisaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Callelle
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You're main problem would be the weakness of the D35 it self. You can go ahead and lock it if you want, but I would never invest any money into a 35.
Callelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I would do it. D35's break way more frequently on the internet than in real life. Take it easy, and with 31's you'll be fine.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

build the 35 up a little and they're fine, and cheaper/easier than swapping in stronger axles unless you're lucky enough to get your hands on a bolt in d44. As long as you're not pushing it the 35 is fine.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRover View Post
I would do it. D35's break way more frequently on the internet than in real life. Take it easy, and with 31's you'll be fine.
I agree with this guy. On 31's and as long as your not straight floor-boarding it, you will be fine. I wheeled my TJ hard with an unlocked D35 on 35's and never broke it. If you get too worried about it just buy some 27 spline chromoly shafts.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
Dirtyjeep92
1998 XJ Cherokee 

alright guys thanks for the input! i just might pick it up then. for the installation do i have to remove the carrier or can i just slip out spiders? i dont really have much experience with Differentials haha
Dirtyjeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRover View Post
D35's break way more frequently on the internet than in real life. .
Bingo.
31's with stock gearing is pretty lame (no offense) and I would be very surprised if you were able to break anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyjeep92 View Post
alright guys thanks for the input! i just might pick it up then. for the installation do i have to remove the carrier or can i just slip out spiders? i dont really have much experience with Differentials haha
You just pull the pins and clips and push the bugger in. Very easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
BlueBadger

I've been doing research on them for the last three weeks, since I found out about them. I agree it will be just fine and farther more if you don't buy it, I'd love to!
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #12
90xjblue
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I bought my aussie used also. I bought replacement pins and springs for it, 20$ for peace of mind! Really thats the only pieces that wear out on them so do yourself a favor and pick a set up.

I agree that you will be fine on 31s and mild wheeling. On the road its barely noticeable unless you have your head sticking out the window and your turning.

The installation is a cake walk, you can print the install instructions from torque masters website, though the instructions make it seem harder than it is!
90xjblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.