attach a flag off the back of an XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > attach a flag off the back of an XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Reply
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
harcoredneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Posts: 116
attach a flag off the back of an XJ

hey does anyone know how to attach a flag on the back of a cherokee? i have had an idea of just zip tying it to my cb antenna but it tried to fly off the antenna. anyone helpful information is greatly appreciated

harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Motorcharge
I know more than you.
 
Motorcharge's Avatar
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , Virginia
Posts: 12,130
House flag pole + trailer hitch without a ball in it.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
harcoredneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
House flag pole + trailer hitch without a ball in it.
don't have a pole but if i did that than where would i put my d ring if i get stuck while mudding if i do that on my way to my friends house tomorrow?
harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Motorcharge
I know more than you.
 
Motorcharge's Avatar
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , Virginia
Posts: 12,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcoredneck View Post
don't have a pole but if i did that than where would i put my d ring if i get stuck while mudding if i do that on my way to my friends house tomorrow?
So buy one? How hard is it to swap out a hitch real quick?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
chris87xj
Moderator
 
chris87xj's Avatar
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3rd rock from sun
Posts: 6,881
Do you mean like an American flag for patriotism, or an orange flag for offroad parks?
If it's the latter, you could maybe wait until you get to the park to ziptie it on and it'd be okay at offroad speeds. Ziptied to the CB antenna is not all that uncommon as a quickie until more permanent arrangments can be made. You'd want to take it back off when you leave the park so that it doesn't put undue stresses on the antenna at road speeds.
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
harcoredneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Do you mean like an American flag for patriotism, or an orange flag for offroad parks?
If it's the latter, you could maybe wait until you get to the park to ziptie it on and it'd be okay at offroad speeds. Ziptied to the CB antenna is not all that uncommon as a quickie until more permanent arrangments can be made. You'd want to take it back off when you leave the park so that it doesn't put undue stresses on the antenna at road speeds.
actually its the confederate flag and im trying to fly it all the way from work to my friends graduation party just for ****s and giggles and the fastest i'll be driving is maybe 45-50mph
harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
chris87xj
Moderator
 
chris87xj's Avatar
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3rd rock from sun
Posts: 6,881
In that case, what Motorcharge said does seem to be the most popular and likely to succeed. Maybe something along the lines of this > flag mount.
Cut a branch off your neighbor's tree when they're not looking to use as a pole. Put your d-ring in the glovebox until you get stuck on the way to your friends graduation party, then swap it with the flag and use the branch to see how deep the next hole is.
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
harcoredneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
In that case, what Motorcharge said does seem to be the most popular and likely to succeed. Maybe something along the lines of this > flag mount.
Cut a branch off your neighbor's tree when they're not looking to use as a pole. Put your d-ring in the glovebox until you get stuck on the way to your friends graduation party, then swap it with the flag and use the branch to see how deep the next hole is.
i dont really have a whole lot of time to do that since its tomorrow afternoon
harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
Motorcharge
I know more than you.
 
Motorcharge's Avatar
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , Virginia
Posts: 12,130
Buy a pole at lowes for $10, drill two holes in it to bolt it above and below the hitch in the hole where the ball would be and be done with it.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
chris87xj
Moderator
 
chris87xj's Avatar
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3rd rock from sun
Posts: 6,881
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.