ARB Old Man Emu Lift kits vs Others - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > ARB Old Man Emu Lift kits vs Others

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ill be ordering the dpgoffroad 3.5in HD OME lift minus the JKS parts. Ill be replacing those with Currie parts. Ill be running 1.5in wheels spacers with moabs and 265s mud tires.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
ill be ordering the dpgoffroad 3.5in HD OME lift minus the JKS parts. Ill be replacing those with Currie parts. Ill be running 1.5in wheels spacers with moabs and 265s mud tires.
. You sir, know what you're doing.
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
5jeepsIn12years
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hey guys, i know this thread is a bit old but can anyone tell me what the MPG drop is going from stock to 1.5? trying to keep lean but an off road/better ride is tempting
5jeepsIn12years is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #19
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5jeepsIn12years
hey guys, i know this thread is a bit old but can anyone tell me what the MPG drop is going from stock to 1.5? trying to keep lean but an off road/better ride is tempting
Your milage will drop some buy not much mainly do to larger tires and more drag. You would probably lose 1-2mpg

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I ended up doing a 2" lift with OME rear springs and bilstein shocks. I spent under $600 all said and done, and I'm very happy with the set-up. The Bilstein shocks are a little stiffer than I'd like, but it's not a big deal.

Now on to the OME rear springs. I bought and verified that had the OME medium duty springs. I got a solid 4" of lift off of them, and they have settled to around 3.25" of lift in the rear after driving around with cement blocks in the back for 8 months. I took them out because I was afraid to drive around with 50lb pieces of cement in the back any longer during winter in case of an accident.

I was pretty upset by the original 4" at first, but I've realized that over time the springs will settle even more, so these springs should last a LONG time before I get any sagging. A little bit of weight makes it even with the front.
DerMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #21
barflyfisherman
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hd ome

I outfitted my 1999 XJ with HD OME Front and Rear springs with Bilstein Shocks. I added the OME add-a-leaf to the rear spring pack.

I had a Rugged Ridge 4" lift in my old rig. I needed a kidney belt and control felt really lose (body sway) on the highway. This time I was going to do it right.

I am running a Nate's rear tire carrier bumper, with (2) 5 gallon gerry cans, (1) 5 gallon water jug, a roof rack with hi-lift jack, shovels, pick/axe & the cargo area full of gear. Up front I have a modified Nate's recessed winch bumper, 10,000 lb winch and a dual battery set-up. Smittybuilt cutout flares with 31's on 16" wheels. 4 wheel disc brakes. Up front WJ spindles w/Ford rotors. In the rear are Crown Vic disc brakes on an 1989 Dana 44 with an E-locker. Running 4.11 gearing ratios.

Needless to say, there is a lot of weight.

The Heavy Duty OME front and rear springs (w/add a leaf) gave me about 3.5" of lift. I installed adjustable shackles in the rear to gain 1". When the gas tank, gerry cans & water jug are filled, I drop in the rear about 1/2".

My mileage dropped about 2 mph after the lift. Changing the gearing ratio to 4.11 and swapping to the correct speedo gear (a 5 minute $20 EBay fix) brought my mileage up 2 mpg. And, I didn't lose momentum going up hills on the highway any longer!

The ride is perfect when loaded. A little hard when I'm empty, but I mainly use my rig for hunting on rough ranch roads.

REMEMBER - you get what you pay for!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.