APPLJCK - 1997 Jeep Comanche Work Log - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > APPLJCK - 1997 Jeep Comanche Work Log

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #61
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I spent a month working on this one flare. The LJ was begging me to worked on.

Unread 04-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #62
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

There is a NP242 and front drive shaft installed now. The Novak shifter bracket was the wrong part and I modify it to work.

These sound suppression foam strips go inside the inner fender. The originals were made of porous foam and collapsed under their own weight.

The new ones I made out of closed cell craft foam do not absorb water and have plastic support sandwiched in the layers. This cut down road noise dramatically.

I was able to retain the stock fender support bracket to keep the rigidity of it.

Unread 04-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #63
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looking nice. That front clip being a different texture / color is a tad visually distracting. Is it the final color or will it be treated the same as the rest of the body?
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #64
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Looking nice. That front clip being a different texture / color is a tad visually distracting. Is it the final color or will it be treated the same as the rest of the body?
That is a bare plastic eBay special header panel. Every time a factory original undamaged header panel shows up in the junk yard it disappears within an hour. :/ It is becoming difficult to find one.
Unread 05-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #65
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I took a break from being sick to finish gluing, trimming, and stapling the trim to the rear backer board.

Unread 06-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #66
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I just installed the driver seat of the Corbeau Baja XRS with the MJ bracket.(They only sell a full replacement bracket.) The bracket is one to two inches too tall. I am short and my head is nearly touching the ceiling with the head liner removed. The seat is only about 0.5" wider than the the stock bucket seats, but the position on the bracket prevents the B pillar trim from being installed. If the trim could be installed the top bolster of the seat back would be tight against the trim preventing the seat belt from getting through.

So... The seats are comfortable it seems, but the bracket needs slightly reengineered to work properly. However, there is a review on Amazon that mentioned this so I was prepared for the height issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Corbeau-D848F-...owViewpoints=1

Unread 07-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #67
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Tiny Air HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN.

Unread 07-14-2014, 01:28 AM   #68
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Just a teaser of the rear bumper. A local fabricator in the RCRC club put this all together and did the finish work. I could not stop touching it and rubbing my hand over the smooth metal! I will be at the 19th Annual All Breeds Jeep Show in York, PA this coming weekend.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.