is this anyone here? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > is this anyone here?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
edpmedic
1995 ZJ 

is this anyone here?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/3101885349.html

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Feel the Sunshine on your face
edpmedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
dzachareas
1999 WJ 

Wow, almost ridiculous, yet so appealing
dzachareas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

That's a lotta money into that thing.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Who would get rid of that! Doesn't even have a scratch on it.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

That actually looks like it was really built up the right way, nothing rigged or done unsafely. Also extremely thorough from the looks of it. Is that an iron D44 rear?
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
narnwv

2000 WJ 

moved to the right forum

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88thpianoman View Post
That actually looks like it was really built up the right way, nothing rigged or done unsafely. Also extremely thorough from the looks of it. Is that an iron D44 rear?

Yeah, except for that massive block lift for the rear. Not sure why he has control arms for the rear when he is running leafs, maybe he had plans for coils?

I would give him $5500 not a penny more.
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, nice looking rig. I'll be the first to point out why I wouldn't pay $5000.00 for it. I might be willing to do $3500, but only because of the mileage. The price is lowered, for what I would pay, because of the stuff I'd have to do to make me feel comfortable in it offroad:

"Custom Built Lift" It looks like Long Arms, front and rear, but those blocks would have to go. How much is a decent set of lift springs and possibly shackles? $40,000 invested and those blocks are the best he can do?

Is that a Dana 30 up front? even trussed, doesn't mention about shafts, updated u-joints, ect. It's trussed, but what's the inside look like? With 36's...yeah, not trusting that without more information

"Hesco throttle body spacer" Hasn't it been determined, by many threads on here that this is a waste of money?

"Jet stage III chip" I know this has been proven to be crap on the 4.0.

"E-fire plugs" Haven't we determined that good ol' champions are the best? I've never even heard of these blugs.

"Surco roof rack with lights" Not gutter mounted, worried about ripping it off by the first low hanging branch. Spent $40,000 upgrading your ride and went cheap on your roof rack? Doesn't even have the spare tire on it...where is that anyway?

"Slip yoke kit" Doesn't mention anything about eliminating the slip yoke...hmm...sounds like somebody paid to have this done and doesn't understand what it really does, or doesn't have a standard SYE?

"Over $40,000 Invested!" I have a very hard time buying that, unless they bought it new for $20,000 and had a mechanic do all the work at triple, for quadruple the parts cost...

Other observations: No Winch, no recovery on the front, that I can see. Recovery point in the back...Is that bolted on? I know it was asked if that was a D44 in the rear, but from my angle, it looks like a D35 with a custom cover. I don't see any bump stops. Didn't trim the front...

Over all, I'm not impressed with the build from the close up pics, but sweet looking ride. If I saw it at the mall, cruising buy, I'd
Trons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
GoldCherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trons View Post
Okay, nice looking rig. I'll be the first to point out why I wouldn't pay $5000.00 for it. I might be willing to do $3500, but only because of the mileage. The price is lowered, for what I would pay, because of the stuff I'd have to do to make me feel comfortable in it offroad:

"Custom Built Lift" It looks like Long Arms, front and rear, but those blocks would have to go. How much is a decent set of lift springs and possibly shackles? $40,000 invested and those blocks are the best he can do?

Is that a Dana 30 up front? even trussed, doesn't mention about shafts, updated u-joints, ect. It's trussed, but what's the inside look like? With 36's...yeah, not trusting that without more information

"Hesco throttle body spacer" Hasn't it been determined, by many threads on here that this is a waste of money?

"Jet stage III chip" I know this has been proven to be crap on the 4.0.

"E-fire plugs" Haven't we determined that good ol' champions are the best? I've never even heard of these blugs.

"Surco roof rack with lights" Not gutter mounted, worried about ripping it off by the first low hanging branch. Spent $40,000 upgrading your ride and went cheap on your roof rack? Doesn't even have the spare tire on it...where is that anyway?

"Slip yoke kit" Doesn't mention anything about eliminating the slip yoke...hmm...sounds like somebody paid to have this done and doesn't understand what it really does, or doesn't have a standard SYE?

"Over $40,000 Invested!" I have a very hard time buying that, unless they bought it new for $20,000 and had a mechanic do all the work at triple, for quadruple the parts cost...

Other observations: No Winch, no recovery on the front, that I can see. Recovery point in the back...Is that bolted on? I know it was asked if that was a D44 in the rear, but from my angle, it looks like a D35 with a custom cover. I don't see any bump stops. Didn't trim the front...

Over all, I'm not impressed with the build from the close up pics, but sweet looking ride. If I saw it at the mall, cruising buy, I'd
Yup, what he said.
GoldCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.