Anyone have a picture of stock xj on 31s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Anyone have a picture of stock xj on 31s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
tk106
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenez1
Yes I was. I tend to do that whenever Mototrcharge is involved, he seems to like it. That aside, his info is usually spot on. I agree that a 2 in budget boost will suit your needs.
yeah motorcharge seems to know his stuff. Tx

tk106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk106 View Post
thanks now I know what "up country" is. I was looking at rough country's 1.5" kit which replaces all shocks and includes spacers. If I get this kit Would u recommend replacing the leaf springs as well? And if I do the lift are the wheel spacers and steering stabilizer a must for 30"s. Tx
Yes. Stock XJ leafs are garbage. Never had any luck with add a leafs either. They tend to sag after a few months. Either new or at least a full bastard pack. If you've got the money buy new. If not search the forum for bastard pack info. If you want check out my thread on 3/4 ton dodge van leafs that I put in my 01 up/country. A little more work involved but it was definitely worth it and didn't cost a lot.
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #18
Mike934

Checkout my grocery getter build. 2.5" lift. Cost me under 100 bones using mainly factory parts, including shocks. I got a little wilder and added bilsteins, now gonna order ome leafs and added my adjustable arms. 4.10s and 30s is the next step, with a 5 speed 2400rpm cruise at 65mph.
I've had a big jeep...I prefer small, stock flares, stock inner fender skids ect. I chose 30s over 31s for the fact I didn't want rubbing on the control arms. And with that my 30s I'm looking at (firestone mts) measure 30x9.6" true. A bfg at 31x10.5 measure 30.4x10.5. Checkout by grocery getter build. 2.5" lift. Cost me under 100 bones using mainly factory parts, including shocks. I got a little wilder and added bilsteins, now gonna order ome leafs. 4.10s and 30s is the next step, with a 5 speed
I've had a big jeep...I prefer small, stock flares, stock inner fender skids ect. I chose 30s over 31s for the fact I didn't want rubbing on the control arms with factory back spacing wheels.
And with that my 30s I'm looking at (firestone mts) measure 30x9.8" true. A bfg at 31x10.5 measure 30.4x10.5. So damn ear identical in height. Either will be fine, it was just my preference at that time.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.