anybody use c4x4 bumpers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > anybody use c4x4 bumpers?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

anybody use c4x4 bumpers?

just curious because ive never seen em until i looked to see what jeepinoutfitters had for bumpers.

http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/...p?idproduct=37

the reason i like it is because it looks like theres a good amount of room to keep some fog lights protected when you dont see that on other bumpers..

thoughts?

Unread 06-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My cousin has the full out winch bumper with all the bells and whistles from them and it awesome. He's bashed trees and shopping carts not a scratch on the powdercoat. He wrapped a vine around the headlight guard one time and kept going it broke the huge vine and barely budged the guard. Winched off it from some crazy angled(off a tree behind him around the tire and went backwards). If they mount about the same they are plenty strong. Good clean edges and welds too.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 01:24 AM   #3
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

They're one of the older vendors. A ton of vendors have come and gone in the time they have been in business. I have seen the bumpers firsthand. They're stronger than a ARB model, but not the absolute strongest out there. But I personally wouldn't worry about it as they should provide plenty of protection.

I had a friend that hit a small deer with one and no damage. Later the XJ was rolled and the center hoop got tweaked (and replaced if memory serves me right the bumper was modular so that part got replaced). The last time I saw it the XJ got rearended and rammed into other parked cars. I honestly can't say what happened then as the other damage stood out more to me than the front bumper did.
- JeepForum Rules - Become a Premium Member or Vendor
For Sale: (4) AR 767-5766 Wheels (used) 15x7, 5x4.5, 4.5BS - for local pickup in the Chicago-area
MGrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

cool thanks all..im still searcing around but i just noticed that they have some good protection.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.