Any experience with Michigan Motor Exchange?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Any experience with Michigan Motor Exchange??

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
dave564
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Any experience with Michigan Motor Exchange??

I am getting ready to ship off my 2000 XJ to them to do a motor swap. (They are only 20 miles away, and I don't have the time to do the install myself.)

I have called them and got a quote of $3000 for the whole job with parts. That will also give me a 3yr 250,000 mile warranty on the new engine. That puts them in the same area as others I have called.

When I question them about the head, (what do they use on it to avoid the stock head crack problem.) they say not to worry, you got the warranty, and they do all their own machine work and wouldn't let a bad head go out the door.

Before I drop 3 grand, I was hoping to hear from someone that has dealt with them before...

THOUGHTS???

dave564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Stegs
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave564 View Post
I am getting ready to ship off my 2000 XJ to them to do a motor swap. (They are only 20 miles away, and I don't have the time to do the install myself.)

I have called them and got a quote of $3000 for the whole job with parts. That will also give me a 3yr 250,000 mile warranty on the new engine. That puts them in the same area as others I have called.

When I question them about the head, (what do they use on it to avoid the stock head crack problem.) they say not to worry, you got the warranty, and they do all their own machine work and wouldn't let a bad head go out the door.

Before I drop 3 grand, I was hoping to hear from someone that has dealt with them before...

THOUGHTS???
if your in michigan, there is a guy up north who builds 4.0 from stock rebuilds to 4.7 strokers

he is about half that price if I remember right....
Stegs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
dave564
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have looked into the 4.7 stuff online. It would probably be fun, but this truck is still factory. Its life with me will involve pulling a small box trailer up north, and then maybe chase truck duties for the Dirt Bike club I am in. Other than that it is a backup to the daily driver.

Considering all that, I have a hard time justifying going the whole stroker route. I also live in Monroe, and don't have the ability to get it to a place that is more than about 60 miles away.
dave564 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.