Any Cherokee Chiefs here? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Any Cherokee Chiefs here?

Steering Y-Link Adapter!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Our Panhard / Trackbar brackets, Variations......

Unread 02-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
macktheripper
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Any Cherokee Chiefs here?

Here's picture of my 88 Cherokee. It was the last year that American Motors made the Cherokee. It's in mint shape even with 386,000 plus miles. The Chief came with HD suspension, a larger gas tank heavy duty cooling, plus a whole lot more. Paid $14,700. for it. Note the stock rear tire holder. I never lifted it but it's got everything done to it including changing the BA-10 tranny for a AX-15b tranny, urethane bushings, posi front and rear etc. All the good stuff. I would have had over 500,000 miles on it but a few years back I got a 05 Grand Cherokee and then last year I got the new Cherokee (KL). I still use the 88 for hauling the boat and going to the dump. Have an extra set of studded snow tires for it. Even the injectors are original. This vehicle has been the best vehicle I've ever had. . (Though the KL Cherokee goes like a rocket and is more comfortable).

macktheripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I love you so much for keeping that thing in such fantastic shape. Please continue to take care of it--it's a beauty.
Unread 02-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
I love you so much for keeping that thing in such fantastic shape. Please continue to take care of it--it's a beauty.
+1

That thing is in awesome shape. I only dream of finding a Renix era Cherokee like that one.

Post more pics of it please.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #4
87matchief
1987 XJ Cherokee 

yup here is my chief

87matchief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #5
macktheripper
1988 XJ Cherokee 

What year is your's? It looks in good shape too! Don't you just love the rear tire holder.
I have had mine in places you wouldn't believe considering it's not lifted. Don't remember how many people I've pulled out of the mud.
Unread 02-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #6
macktheripper
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I took some more pics this morning. Sorry they didn't turn out so good. If you'll notice the A/C compressor is a R-134. The old R-12 died and I did a full install to a R-134. The 3 bolt throttle body was bored out on the I-6 and yes it did make a difference. The front view shows the winter setup for snow. The interior shows seat covers on the seats. First thing I did when I bought it was put seat covers on. Interior is mint too. Only damage was a bear ran into the front left fender and I had to replace it and paint it, otherwise no other dents. Funny thing is that I've only seen 3 Chiefs and they were all yellow.
Unread 02-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #7
PirateB
2004 WJ 

Wow nice chiefs guys! I've got an 84 myself that I got from my sister--its junked out though from neglect by her, rust etc. Plus its got a Buick v6 in it and its a total turd. Makes for a good hunting vehicle though--ill see if I can dig up some pics--mines maroon on maroon btw
PirateB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #8
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My dad had a brand new Chief in....85? Fire engine red. 4 door automatic. It was a company car so he only had it for 2 years and then got a laredo.
Unread 02-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #9
87matchief
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Nice mine is a 87 in good shape.. don't have any inside pics yet but I did change my dash to a wood grain awhile back

Unread 02-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #10
87matchief
1987 XJ Cherokee 

So i went to pick n pull today (junk yard) a saw this and broke my heart lol
Unread 02-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #11
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post

pretty much
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.