Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Another XJ!

611 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  vjz 
#1 ·
So, after selling my 01 limited and buying a car that blew up, I decided to get another XJ.

Not as loaded as my 2001, but it actually rides nicer.

I picked up a 1998 Sport in PQ7 "gunmetal" or that light blue color. Power everything and in extremely nice shape. Only one spot of rust on it.

The owner just put new shocks, brakes, ball joints and a few bushings, front to back new exhaust, and tires along with an alignment.

It rides absolutely perfect!

#7 ·
Soon I will have the black trim painted to match. I have never been a fan of the black trim on the Cherokees.

I would like to custom fab a double din touch screen into it eventually. I really like Pioneer's AppRadio II, as it has Android connectivity for apps on the phone.

I will be installing a K&N filter at some point too. I also want to get sealed beam conversions to run HID lights and then add the factory fogs.

I already have vent shades, which I successfully yanked from a local junk yard for $3.50 last week.

Today I purchased "Jeep" black floor mats from the local Meijer store.

I don't know, its my daily driver and I don't want to get too nuts with it right now. Its my last semester of college, so it needs to remain at stock MPG for now...lol.

So all in all, not a lot planned, but after driving everything under the sun, I sure hope I have this one for many years to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.