Another lift question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Another lift question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
bangoskank

Another lift question

Sorry to rehash a beaten topic. I promise not to ask what size tires will fit.

I have a 2.5" suspension lift. I am thinking of adding a 2" spacers. First of all, is there any certain one you would suggest? I was thinking of just getting the skyjacker:

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/spacer-...r-sj-xj20.html

Secondly, will I likely have to change/extend anything if I add the spacers? It is a 99 if that matters at all..

Thirdly, any tips/warnings/etc you have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by bangoskank; 09-10-2013 at 12:42 PM..
bangoskank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

What are you planning on doing in the rear? So are you shooting or 4.5" of lift if so you may need an adjustable track bar longer break lines a slip yoke eliminator for possible drive train vibes, longer shocks, I'm sure I'm forgetting something but its never easy or cheap.
Unread 09-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
bangoskank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
What are you planning on doing in the rear? So are you shooting or 4.5" of lift if so you may need an adjustable track bar longer break lines a slip yoke eliminator for possible drive train vibes, longer shocks, I'm sure I'm forgetting something but its never easy or cheap.
Kit comes with rear lift shackles... I don't know if that would work.

But I am trying to avoid having to mod a bunch of things.

I guess a better question to ask is if I can get away with any more lift without having to mod a bunch of stuff- even say 1" coil spacers.

So if anyone has any suggestions for adding some more lift- even 1" spacers- I am just looking for what I need to get, I guess.
bangoskank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Is the 2.5" lift a true suspension lift? Going up to 4.5" is a lot more complicated than adding spacers and shackles. SYE, brake lines, track bar, adjust steering and alignment, shocks, control arms. It's not a simple $100 to upgrade. You are looking at over $500. Why do you want to go up anyway?
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

And that skyjacker kit is a rip off. You can get a 2" budget boost for less than $100 shipped at other places.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.