The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE" - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE"

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Closed Thread
Unread 08-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #76
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterm77 View Post
to the prick that posted behind my last, you and your peterbuilt can kiss my rear bumper! it's asses like you driving large trucks and thinking you own the road. rigs kill more people than anything else, so don't ever come up on the back of my truck and act stupid..... running pricks like you off the road should be worth a medal. thank god you don't live down here, I'd have to move up north and drop my standards and say I'm a yankee.
I dont know about you, but where I live, most people are killed by the following top three:

Cell phone/texting.
Drunk driving.
Ignoring POSTED road signs (like the ones we are discussing here)

And I think your "yankee" statement sucked, too. I never mocked you or the place you came from. Lower your standards? Man I have LIVED in the south. (Jacksonville NC, Raleigh, Fla, etc).... Not pretty bro. Maybe get away from your kinfolk and your small town and see how the rest of the world is living, you might be delightfully surprised.

Unread 08-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #77
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliassami5 View Post
lol ive been reading this thread from when it first started and i just got angrier and angrier by reading his responses...I wanted to reply and say what i was saying in real life but i knew it would get me banned so i just shut up and laughed.

One thing is for sure tho..if i ever met this guy face to face i would gladly like to go to jail for putting him in the hospital...
Bro, I beleive you just violated the terms of usage agreement. You dont communicate threats here. ........And no, I highly effin' doubt it. I am really, really not a nice man. Damned sure NOT who you want to meet unexpectedly.
Unread 08-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #78
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
Bro, I beleive you just violated the terms of usage agreement. You dont communicate threats here. ........And no, I highly effin' doubt it. I am really, really not a nice man. Damned sure NOT who you want to meet unexpectedly.
Ah ... E thuggery at its finest. Probably a 4'10" runt with self esteem isues, LOL.

I have tailgated when I'm in the mood.

I have a big black SUV as my DD and I know how intimidating they can be in your rear view mirror because I have also been tailgated. Not necessarily because I'm in the passing lane going too slow. Often there's someone in front of me, and to the right, and there's no place to go. But the ******* behind me thinks he can do better. Now my 5.9 has a little get-up-and-go, so if he pisses me off I'll give him a run for his money if possible. Flash me and it's really on. That's considered aggressive driving and you started it. If I can prevent you from passing, I will certainly try ... I never, ever give a tailgater an easy way to go. Never. I mean if you managed to get that close to me and I'm still there, chances are there's no freaking place for me to go. I refuse to reduce by 1/2 the safe following distance between 2 cars in the right lane, just because you're in a hurry. Settle in behind me and get over it.
Unread 08-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #79
walterm77
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I dont know about you, but where I live, most people are killed by the following top three:

Cell phone/texting.
Drunk driving.
Ignoring POSTED road signs (like the ones we are discussing here)

And I think your "yankee" statement sucked, too. I never mocked you or the place you came from. Lower your standards? Man I have LIVED in the south. (Jacksonville NC, Raleigh, Fla, etc).... Not pretty bro. Maybe get away from your kinfolk and your small town and see how the rest of the world is living, you might be delightfully surprised.
it was just sarcasm, my best friend is from new york and I pick at him about the yankee thing. I apologize if it offended you.
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #80
eliassami5
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Bro? Dont try to ****in play me like a little ***** kid...and you've been makin threats all up and down this post you ignorant hypocritical prick. Tryin to act all hard online..give me a mother ****in break...

Im done with this ****..close this pointless thread down already so I dont have to read any more of this dumb ****s posts anymore.
Unread 08-04-2008, 02:40 AM   #81
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Alright, let's all play nice here. If you don't I will be closing this thread and handing out some suspensions.
- JeepForum Rules - Become a Premium Member or Vendor
For Sale: (4) AR 767-5766 Wheels (used) 15x7, 5x4.5, 4.5BS - for local pickup in the Chicago-area
Unread 08-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #82
SirGCal

Quote:
Its just that simple folks. Speed up or get over. It is the LAW, and as much as you whine and snivel of how you will "brake-check", slow down, refuse to get over and/or throw crap out of your window to somehow "PUNISH" the guy who is just trying to FOLLOW THE LAW, well....you are WRONG and can be charged. Dialing 911 in your cases is VERY warranted in your cases.....as proven by testimony by POLICE OFFICERS on the following sites.
I'm bored with this now. Obviously I know the law and you do not. I follow the law, and you do not. Here's the proof, get back with me once youv'e educated yourself.
Quote:
Ill GLADLY risk a ticket or accident if some jacka** disrespects me by NOT following the LAW, NOT doing the POSTED SPEED LIMIT or NOT moving to the RIGHT when the opportunity arises. Disrespect me and youll have either PETERBILT or ARB bumper so close in your rear view that you can count the dead bugs on the grille as I rapidly dial 911 and report your scofflaw self as either drunk or stupid.......dangerous and risking an accident in any event, because you are the new self-deputized sheriff of the roadway and risking everyone's lives by forcing them to follow what YOU feel the "safe" speed should be.
Quote:
I am the I.D.G.A.F. guy, and I mean really.

...And I am one of many who would sooner shove a minivan into a guardrail than have them dictate to ME how THEY feel I should be driving and worry not about the repricussions.
You have obvious issues... Asside from simply being a jerk.

What if, mother of four moves to the left lane to let a string of cars get on the highway (which is the proper thing to do if the left lane is clear), then this string of cars decides to bunch up and run right there blocking her chance of getting over. And either she's afraid of speed or more likely the base model van can't actually do more than 80... So now she's got your truck up her butt and these jerks over to the left not letting her over... So now you're going to kill her and her children just from your bad attitude... ya...

And if she had a brain fart and stayed in the left lane out of stupidity or just brain fartiness, then you decide to kill her instead of just passing on the right... Such a man... Think about what you just said for a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezchic View Post
haha sorry, but i believe you can get pulled over for driving BELOW the speed "limit".. at least where i live!
More than 20 MPH below a posted highway speed is considered impeding traffic. So if the limit is 65, then the minimum would be 45.

The laws do not condone following too close regardless of the situation. And if you start tailgating me, I'm the first one to 911 so you're erratic driver message won't fly. But regardless, anyone who thinks they're right (which it is NOT a right to do the speed limit... It's not even a right to drive... it's a privelage...) to go as fast as they want and the person in front should die instead of do the speed limit... Anyone like that should be banned from driving period and banned from breeding IMHO. It's people like this who kill far too many people on the road and try to BS their way out of it.

Hell, in many places in my state, there are 3 lanes. Trucks often times aren't supposed to be on the left lane at all. but you guys are always there. Though, it's also common for truckers to get shot at for tailgating around here too and that's very wrong in itself but part of me feels the passenger driver's pain also.

Try a motorcycle... Get on the highway with those monsters bearing down on you and then see how you feel. On my bike, I'm always a right-lane rider but still people tailgate. Then I have to go left just to get them off my butt.

My favorite thing is (I know a few speed traps...) to have the tailgaters running up on me, then call some of the local LEOs and have them intercept right when I let them go by. I'll bet a few dozen truckers have lost their CDL around here for that... Cause someone else gave me the know-how to accomplish the task. Trucks here are an enormous issue. Well over half the traffic on the highway, all with the 'I'm more important than God' attitude. There are a few good ones out there also, but from the sounds of it, you're surely not in that group...

And the idiots brake-checking... That's a suicide wish... And YES, that accident WOULD be your fault. You can't drastically slow-down or stop on a highway without a reason. Doing so is considered an act of road-rage. At the same time, following too closely is ALSO illegal... I now have mini-cams that record and store up to 2 hours of information both front and rear of the vehicle to report traffic offenders. So tailgating me will never win and more and more people are doing this also now so you never know when you're being 'watched'. And your word against video evidence is pretty weak. Even if they are alone in the left lane (why didn't you pass on the right) or especially if they are blocked from getting to the right, tailgating is never the lesser of the offenses and is always an incorrect act. In our area, traffic is so bad that it means going to these drastic measures (video vigilantes) to help enforce traffic. Plus, now much of our highway and intersection system is also video monitored now... Plus speed cameras... It just doesn't pay anymore to brake the law.

I used to drive like an idiot but now I drive like I'm being watched by a ticket-itchy cop in the back seat. I used to drive cross-country at 100+... not anymore... Right at the posted speed (ok, maybe 5 over), set the cruise, watch for idiots... Hell, with fuel costs today, and new speed-arresting methods, I just can't afford tickets or increased insurance.

People need to learn to cool off, stop taking things personally, or get off the road. The guy going slow in front of you just might be injured, sick, vehicle might be maxed out already or loaded down forcing it to be maxed out... Plenty of reasons why they can't go any faster. And if there is no one to the right, no reason you can't just move over... Even if it is a place that is illegal to be in the left lane, you're still already breaking the law tailgating, so what's your problem passing on the right...? And if the roads are anything like I10 around here, many people stay in the left lane (not illegal here unfortunately) cause the right lane will brake your suspension, kidneys, etc... And no, I'm not exaggerating very much either...

I also am a firm believer that phone talking while driving (hand held anyhow) should be very much illegal. Although I've even seen people on bikes do it... How stupid can they be...

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Unread 08-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #83
walterm77
1996 XJ Cherokee 

4.0H.O.XJ it's *******s like you that make good people go bad. I like this forum, and I respect most of the people on here. hell, I've posted technical questions and got better answers by strangers than I do from the local jeep dealership. but in every good thing comes some bad. you are the bad in this forum. you are a no good son of a *****, and I'd love to meet you in a dark alley. you get behind a keyboard and act bad, or behind the wheel of your peterbuilt. **** you and the horse you rode in on. what they going to do? suspend me for being honest and putting a **** in his place? if so it's worth it. I'm 30 yrs old, you aren't nothing but a ***** that don't deserve to breath the air you have in your lungs. if you ever get down to louisiana, let me know, I'd like to meet you and have a cup of coffee. (pure sarcasm). suspend me, warn me, or ban me. I don't care. I've had 3 points from a previous post, yet people like this get nothing said. some of the moderators need to figure out what the hell they are doing and stop harassing me.

Last edited by walterm77; 08-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: seriously pissed off.
Unread 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #84
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ALRIGHT CHILDREN lets stop fighting .

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.