The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE" - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE"

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Closed Thread
Unread 07-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #61
justinwalden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPTH1NG View Post
I disagree. On a two lane road, continue to do the speed limit and the person can pass when appropriate signage states that they can. I'm quite sure I'm right about that one.
no you are to drive into a ditch so 4.0 h.o can get around you

Unread 07-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #62
funinmud
1998 XJ Cherokee 

HAHA. next time someone tailgates me, ill just jump onto the shoulder and go wheelin in the ditch to let them pass. then the tailgater will be jealous that he cant randomly go wheeling whenever he feels the need.

98 XJ on 32's and 2-3" lift, locked, armored, and ready to rock.
funinmud is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #63
walterm77
1996 XJ Cherokee 

to the prick that posted behind my last, you and your peterbuilt can kiss my rear bumper! it's asses like you driving large trucks and thinking you own the road. rigs kill more people than anything else, so don't ever come up on the back of my truck and act stupid..... running pricks like you off the road should be worth a medal. thank god you don't live down here, I'd have to move up north and drop my standards and say I'm a yankee.
Unread 07-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #64
SkyChi
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ignore the reprobate and let him ride off to whereever he's going in his Peterbilt. Even if he has a valid point his mouth should preclude anyone from listening any further. He's right and everybody else is an idiot. Ask him he'll tell you. I'm sure his attitude permiates every facet of his life but I'll bet he's real popular with the Lot Lizards. Just ignore him.

Last edited by SkyChi; 08-01-2008 at 08:09 AM..
SkyChi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #65
walterm77
1996 XJ Cherokee 

skychi, you are right and I apologize for being so hostile and spiteful. for the most part, everyone I've either spoke with or read their comments have been respectful and helpful. I shouldn't let one person cause me to get in such an uproar.
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:00 PM   #66
eliassami5
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterm77 View Post
skychi, you are right and I apologize for being so hostile and spiteful. for the most part, everyone I've either spoke with or read their comments have been respectful and helpful. I shouldn't let one person cause me to get in such an uproar.
lol ive been reading this thread from when it first started and i just got angrier and angrier by reading his responses...I wanted to reply and say what i was saying in real life but i knew it would get me banned so i just shut up and laughed.

One thing is for sure tho..if i ever met this guy face to face i would gladly like to go to jail for putting him in the hospital...
eliassami5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #67
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

If someone tailgates me I just ignore them. They can do whatever they want; pass on the right, left, flip me off, whatever. As long as they dont hit me I wont get pissed... People defending tailgators and trying to justify it are just young and/or inexperienced and will learn the hard way eventually.
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:57 PM   #68
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
If someone tailgates me I just ignore them. They can do whatever they want; pass on the right, left, flip me off, whatever. As long as they dont hit me I wont get pissed... People defending tailgators and trying to justify it are just young and/or inexperienced and will learn the hard way eventually.

well, im young and dont tailgate. like a post i mentioned before, some old hag was tailgating me. tailgating is pointless. the people that do it get pissed off and the people getting tailgated get pissed off too. theres no point and i dont want to get my jeep wrecked by having an accident because i stopped to avoid a dear and end up getting rear ended by some jerk tailgating me.
Unread 07-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #69
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
well, im young and dont tailgate. like a post i mentioned before, some old hag was tailgating me. tailgating is pointless. the people that do it get pissed off and the people getting tailgated get pissed off too. theres no point and i dont want to get my jeep wrecked by having an accident because i stopped to avoid a dear and end up getting rear ended by some jerk tailgating me.
By "young and/or inexperienced" I mean they must not have been driving long. Im 26 but when I was 16-18 I admit I was a bad driver and did tailgate some. Nowdays I dont because, as you mentioned, I dont want to HIT someone who has to hit their brakes. Thats how people end up jeepless or lifeless.
Unread 07-31-2008, 11:28 PM   #70
walterm77
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliassami5 View Post
lol ive been reading this thread from when it first started and i just got angrier and angrier by reading his responses...I wanted to reply and say what i was saying in real life but i knew it would get me banned so i just shut up and laughed.

One thing is for sure tho..if i ever met this guy face to face i would gladly like to go to jail for putting him in the hospital...
are you referring to me?
Unread 08-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #71
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

doubt it, i think everybody hates 4.0H.O. now.

and when i had my sebring, i did a little tailgating too (when i first got my license) but that was only when people cut me off. say when im in the left lane passing and the business guy on the cell phone cuts you off..and when the mom in the minivan takes a right turn to late and takes her sweet lovin time to accelerate. but i dont tail gate and if someone is driving like he can barely reach the gas pedal and theres no way to pass, even if im in a hurry, i just keep a good distance and wait until i can pass. no reason to risk your life and others for any reason.
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #72
kagraham
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wow

this is some thread, wish I would have read it earlier

European drivers are much better on the highway I've found. I wish people in the US could treat driving a vehicle more seriously, dedicate some brain power while driving. It's always nice when someone is paying attention enough to know you're going to need to pass so they wait before they go around the semi and you don't have to hit the brakes and re accelerate, wasting fuel and avoiding the potential tailgateage.

"flash to pass" needs to come back in the US as a courteous gesture, "yo, pay attention I'll be hauling a!! past you soon, get your hands back on the wheel, etc" instead of "wtf are you doing in front of me I'm gonna repeatadly flash my brights while tailgating, then go around you before I give you enough time to move over anyways!"

PS, it's terrifying to think how many other men and women driving 80,000 lb GVW (I think) 53' long drive on our interstates with a similar mindset.
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #73
BigD 275
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Very interesting, yet pointless thread.

Tailgating is stupid. Won't accomplish anything.

I will say this, if you are on the highway, do not drive in the left lane and think that just because you are driving the speed limit you don't have to get out of the way of a faster vehicle behind you. I don't care if you are going 100mph; if someone is coming up behind you, move over!!!! (only applies if you are on a multi-lane highway and no one is in front of you).

I can't stand when some ******* is driving 55mph in the left lane and there is absolutely no one in front of them, beside them and they won't get out of the way. You DO NOT see this in Europe. I have driven in Germany on a few different trips and no one even drives in the left lane (except when it is busy). If you are in the left lane, people move over BEFORE the car approaching is right behind them. Flash to pass works great over there. Try that here and people have no idea what you are doing.
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #74
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't read the thread, I read the first post, and that's I'll I needed to read. Obviously the OP is an angry, chronic tailgater who likes to go way over the speed limit.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #75
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
I am here to shatter that myth and save a few lives..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
And I am one of many who would sooner shove a minivan into a guardrail than have them dictate to ME how THEY feel I should be driving and worry not about the repricussions.
heh love this guys continuity..

so.. is he trying to save himself from himself?

anyway if someone is tailgating me and Im at the posted limit already Ill just wait till its safe to pull over somewhere or at the next passing zone pull to the right as far as possible to give him more room to pass.

on the highway Im always in the right lane or if Im in the left Im watching for fast movers behind me anyway so I never get tailgated on the highway.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.