The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE"

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #31
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
No, this thread was in response to another one on the cherokee tech forum where some kid wanted to hook up his rear washer to spray crap on people's windshields, and was looking for any other "anti-tailgating mods", whuich is plain stupid and dangerous.

And no, I'm not here to tell people how to drive, the LAW is there for that. People cant seem to follow that law and feel that if they are 10-20 MPH UNDER the speed limit, "brake checking" and refusing to pull over when blocking traffic that they are within thier "rights". I am here to shatter that myth and save a few lives and keep weirdos from spraying crap on people's windshields.

Yeah, you do seem pretty concerned with other people's well-being. Thanks alot! You're my hero.

Unread 07-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #32
photonut13
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Speeding up does not always fix things I can tell you that, what about a situation like this on my daily commute. There is a spot that often has speed traps every single day, so I of course obey the speed limit religiously here. Just a couple days ago I had a dodge ram right on my tail and the second the road became 2 lanes he changed lanes and rocketed past me and prob hit about 30 over the limit. Well talk about poetic justice, there was a speed trap right where he decided to pass me and I saw his stupid *** get pulled over in front of me, what would have happened to me if i had sped up? If i get a speeding ticket at 18 I won't be able to insure my car anymore cause I wouldn't be able to afford it. (Its already $3500 a year)

Presently Stock
Unread 07-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #33
99avant

Quote:
Go ahead. ARB bull bar with 1/4 plate steel re-inforcement, basic liability insurance, license plate hidden behind spare tire carrier and covered with mud, a COMPLETELY awful attitude, little to no common sense, and absolutely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to lose (or sue me for) whatsoever.

I am the I.D.G.A.F. guy, and I mean really.

When there is a complete and total LOSER with a bad attitude and a big, POS beater Jeep behind you, all bets are OFF, most people already know the ending of this drama...... Why tempt fate? Just pull over or do the speed limit.

...And I am one of many who would sooner shove a minivan into a guardrail than have them dictate to ME how THEY feel I should be driving and worry not about the repricussions.

My court alibi looks pretty good on paper as well. You see, Iv'e already dialed 911 and reported it as an erratic, harrassing driver that is possibly drunk and attempting to block the flow of traffic, driving in the wrong lane, wildly changing vehicle speeds with 14 other (witnesses) cars behind me.
"......He suddenly slammed on his brakes after all of that judge, honest! He couldn't be avoided, and well, youv'e heard the transcript of the 911 call 5 minutes prior, sir!" :wave:

Hmm I wonder where I got that experience? Deja vu, maybe?
There are people who's job it is to scour the internet for things like this to use in court. So good luck if you mess with the wrong people some day.

<goes back to the GC forums>

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Unread 07-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #34
eliassami5
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Go ahead. ARB bull bar with 1/4 plate steel re-inforcement, basic liability insurance, license plate hidden behind spare tire carrier and covered with mud, a COMPLETELY awful attitude, little to no common sense, and absolutely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to lose (or sue me for) whatsoever.

When there is a complete and total LOSER with a bad attitude and a big, POS beater Jeep behind you, all bets are OFF, most people already know the ending of this drama...... Why tempt fate? Just pull over or do the speed limit.

...And I am one of many who would sooner shove a minivan into a guardrail than have them dictate to ME how THEY feel I should be driving and worry not about the repricussions.

My court alibi looks pretty good on paper as well. You see, Iv'e already dialed 911 and reported it as an erratic, harrassing driver that is possibly drunk and attempting to block the flow of traffic, driving in the wrong lane, wildly changing vehicle speeds with 14 other (witnesses) cars behind me.
"......He suddenly slammed on his brakes after all of that judge, honest! He couldn't be avoided, and well, youv'e heard the transcript of the 911 call 5 minutes prior, sir!" :wave:

wow this kid here makes me laugh..cant believe ppl are honestly this stupid. God help us
Unread 07-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #35
xeastend
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Is this thread really necesary? You've proven zero points. 'Grats.

LOOKING FOR 4cyl axles F/R, 4.10s, will trade for my 3.07s complete

Also need 16x8 rims with less backspacing
Unread 07-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #36
justinwalden

Quote:

1st off 911 is for emergencies only. you gettin pissed bc someone is going 5 under the speed limit is not an emergency. you would be wrong there. secondly if the person in front of you does hit there brakes and you rear end them it is your fault. not being able to stop in time means that you are tail gating which is against the law too. thats two marks against you. saying its the law to get over to the left when some one is trying to pass you is retarded. if you did rear end someone you should say "if he would have gotten over so you could pass you wouldnt have hit him" see how well that would go over. you are blowing this way out of the water
Unread 07-28-2008, 01:39 AM   #37
Aran
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

You should have your own padded cell. Please stay far away from me. Thanks.
Unread 07-28-2008, 03:10 AM   #38
justinwalden

dudes probly laughing at everyone getting all worked up over this. if so props. thats pretty funny
Unread 07-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #39
eliassami5
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwalden View Post
dudes probly laughing at everyone getting all worked up over this. if so props. thats pretty funny
na..there's obviously something deeply wrong with him
Unread 07-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #40
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

all i do if someone tailgates me is nothing. i regularly check my mirrors and if i see someone gaining on me and i can move over i do. but if i cant and the continue to tailgate i just tap my brakes quickly but just light enough to make the lights go on and off, not enough to actually slow down. that works good for me. i dont slow down because i dont know the driver and his intentions and dont want to risk an accident. and if i speed up, thats just fueling the fire. he obviously wants to go faster, so if you speed up, so will he, thus accomplishing nothing.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
Unread 07-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #41
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwalden View Post
1st off ........saying its the law to get over to the left when some one is trying to pass you is retarded. if you did rear end someone you should say "if he would have gotten over so you could pass you wouldnt have hit him" see how well that would go over. you are blowing this way out of the water
Au contraire, monfraire. You mean getting over to the RIGHT, (not left) and it is THE LAW in 48 of 50 states. Here's the list. Get over or get reported. Yes, to dialing 911 for driving erratically, and possibly drunk. (wrong lane, under speed limit, and NOT OBEYING THE LAW.)

Its just that simple folks. Speed up or get over. It is the LAW, and as much as you whine and snivel of how you will "brake-check", slow down, refuse to get over and/or throw crap out of your window to somehow "PUNISH" the guy who is just trying to FOLLOW THE LAW, well....you are WRONG and can be charged. Dialing 911 in your cases is VERY warranted in your cases.....as proven by testimony by POLICE OFFICERS on the following sites.

Sorry, you lose. Now go find your gas pedal and use it. Or I'm calling the cops on you.

Oh, before I forget, the truth youv'e all been avoiding:

http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html (This one ststes the law by state along with the vehicle code. -ENJOY!)

http://www.drivecorrect.net/ (No clue why they dont teach this stuff in driver's ed to the obviously clueless who end up posting drivel online. Great site.)

I'm bored with this now. Obviously I know the law and you do not. I follow the law, and you do not. Here's the proof, get back with me once youv'e educated yourself.
Unread 07-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #42
Welshmen
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Honestly, man. Someone up your azz? STEP ON THE DAMNED GAS PEDAL. There is probably a good damned reason there is a car 8 inches from your rear bumper and 10 more cars behind you with thier high beams on and mad looks on thier faces. This isnt college, this is COMMON SENSE.......I cannot believe someone started a 3 page thread on this when all it took was a simple tap on the accelerator or movement to the right.

Use that pedal on the far right. Still confused? PM me and I'll show you how to use it. That far right pedal has been the best Anti-tailgating mod yet.
my anti tailgater mod is a shard stomp on my break pedal I drive the speed limit I dont accelerate fast and I save a ton of cash on gas driving that way

if you dont like how the person infront of you is driving the over take them when you get the chance tailgating is just stupid and I laugh at people like you after I slam my break on and watch the freak the hell out in my rear veiw mirror
Unread 07-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #43
funinmud
1998 XJ Cherokee 

honestly, this is just stupid. all of this that everyone is fighting about is all dependent on where you are driving, if there is 2 lanes, 3 lanes, etc. there is a difference between people going too slow for the road they are on and the person behind tailgating because a tailgater will do it no matter how fast you are going. these are 2 different subjects. take for example today i was going 70 down the freeway and this CAT Service truck came on and cut me off doing 35 in a 65. that is TOO SLOW. and he never speeded up. in that case, i did not just stay behind him and piss him off, i simply went around him and everybody is happy.

98 XJ on 32's and 2-3" lift, locked, armored, and ready to rock.
Unread 07-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #44
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Its just that simple folks. Speed up or get over. It is the LAW, and as much as you whine and snivel of how you will "brake-check", slow down, refuse to get over and/or throw crap out of your window to somehow "PUNISH" the guy who is just trying to FOLLOW THE LAW,
what the hell kind of slow-*** moron drivers do you have where you live?? Around here, you get tailgated because you're only doing 70 in a 60, and the ahole in the bimmer behind you wants to go 80, and it's rush hour.

tailgaters are just trying to follow the law? gimme a break. that's the biggest load of bull I've seen since the last time I drove past the feed lots in Kansas. Tailgaters tailgate for one of two reasons: you somehow did something to piss them off and they're trying to intimidate you, or they want to go faster than you are, which is more than likely over the speed limit.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Unread 07-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #45
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Au contraire, monfraire. You mean getting over to the RIGHT, (not left) and it is THE LAW in 48 of 50 states. Here's the list. Get over or get reported. Yes, to dialing 911 for driving erratically, and possibly drunk. (wrong lane, under speed limit, and NOT OBEYING THE LAW.)

Its just that simple folks. Speed up or get over. It is the LAW, and as much as you whine and snivel of how you will "brake-check", slow down, refuse to get over and/or throw crap out of your window to somehow "PUNISH" the guy who is just trying to FOLLOW THE LAW, well....you are WRONG and can be charged. Dialing 911 in your cases is VERY warranted in your cases.....as proven by testimony by POLICE OFFICERS on the following sites.

Sorry, you lose. Now go find your gas pedal and use it. Or I'm calling the cops on you.

Oh, before I forget, the truth youv'e all been avoiding:

http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html (This one ststes the law by state along with the vehicle code. -ENJOY!)

http://www.drivecorrect.net/ (No clue why they dont teach this stuff in driver's ed to the obviously clueless who end up posting drivel online. Great site.)

I'm bored with this now. Obviously I know the law and you do not. I follow the law, and you do not. Here's the proof, get back with me once youv'e educated yourself.
I don't understand. Who is "you"? Who are you actually talking about/to? Everyone on this forum? Your argument makes no sense, with or without the website citations. Tailgating is NOT following the law. You need to keep at least 3-5 seconds between you and the car in front of you in order to maintain a safe stopping distance. That's not up to the person in front of you to maintain, it's YOUR job. They are not obligated to move out of your way if you're being an impatient jerk.

It goes without saying that you can't slow down traffic by driving too slowly. People get tickets for that. But Jason is right. It's usually obvious why some people tailgate other drivers. Don't try to justify your impatience by claiming that your motivation is safety, Mr. I don't give a ****.

If this thread is a response to that other thread, why is it a separate thread anyway?
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.