The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE"

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 07-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #16
CSaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post

Honestly, man. Someone up your azz? STEP ON THE DAMNED GAS PEDAL. There is probably a good damned reason there is a car 8 inches from your rear bumper and 10 more cars behind you with thier high beams on and mad looks on thier faces. This isnt college, this is COMMON SENSE.......I cannot believe someone started a 3 page thread on this when all it took was a simple tap on the accelerator or movement to the right.

Use that pedal on the far right. Still confused? PM me and I'll show you how to use it. That far right pedal has been the best Anti-tailgating mod yet.
I would brake check an ******* like you for miles just to piss you off.

CSaddict is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #17
murrayman23
1987 XJ Cherokee 

You all have great points...however i do agree with the idea that..there are *******s out there who do it because they want to go 60 in 30 mph zone. I go the speed limit because 1. my jeep is a big slow sexy thing 2. i like driving it slow cuz people get a better look and 3. (least important...just kidding) I'm going to U.T.I which requires a perfect driving record AND i work at the BMW Gallery which also requires a perfect driving record. Honestly, i go slower if people tailgate me. If your an ******* i'm gonna be an ******* back. There is no excuse ( except if you have a guy with his arm chopped off or something like that in that case i would swerve around someone) to tailgate someone. If its someone old then have respect..respect your elders.
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Blue"] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="White"]"Rusty"[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] 1987 Jeep Cherokee XJ. 4.0L. 4X4. NP242. 3.5" RE superflex kit. RE Twin Tube Shocks. Rancho RS5000 Steering Stabilizer. Cragar soft 8's. 31" BFGoodrich A/T KO. Warrior Products Rock Crawler Bumper. Cobra CB. Firestik Firefly antenna. KC Daylighters.[COLOR="Black"]Half Herculined[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Half Navy blue[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
murrayman23 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:13 AM   #18
florida_gat0r
1980 CJ5 

Brake checkers are idiots. In these days, is it really worth it to become a road rage victim for something so lame?

Just move over and let the impatient driver behind you go by. I get more satisfaction doing this and a couple miles down the road seeing them pulled over on the side for speeding.
Unread 07-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #19
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, I find it hard to believe people feel so strongly about this... I wanna say get a hobby but I guess this is it..

If someone is tailgating me ya know what I do? Nothing...Just keep on as I was... They're lucky to get so much as a "Huh, they must be in a hurry.." from me. I'm not sure how we came about thinking slowing down or speeding up is the right thing to do, but if they do hit you or you wreck because you sped up for some random person I'd love to see you explain to the cop why..

"They were tailgating me officer! I HAD to slam on my brakes!"

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #20
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushytails View Post

a life-threatening situation .

--Bushytails
Oh, do you mean like rigging up "anti-tailgating devices" or intentionally pissing off the traffic behind you? Which do you mean? Seems BOTH are a little more dangerous than moving at the speed limit or keeping right....which is, uh,... THE LAW.
4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #21
Aran
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I usually drive 5 under if I'm in no hurry. I guess everyone will just have to deal with it
Aran is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #22
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

good ol break check always does the trick
Unread 07-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #23
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WHO GIVES A ****! if they wanna go faster let them pass you. you dont need to move for there stupidity
Unread 07-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #24
dezchic
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i definitely agree with hot rod hooligan! i mean, if someone is on your *** and...a kitty runs across the road and you happen to slam on the breaks hell no matter what the cause, rearends are the rear enders fault! i'd say thanks for the sweet new bumper i'm pickin out!
dezchic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #25
so_cal_mario
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushytails View Post
There is NO excuse for driving an unsafe distance behind someone. ever. Even if you think you have a god-given right to be going 120 in a 25 zone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post

Agreed, the author of this thread is a d-o-u-c-h-e .

Last edited by so_cal_mario; 07-26-2008 at 11:20 AM..
so_cal_mario is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #26
dezchic
1995 XJ Cherokee 

haha sorry, but i believe you can get pulled over for driving BELOW the speed "limit".. at least where i live!
dezchic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #27
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezchic View Post
haha sorry, but i believe you can get pulled over for driving BELOW the speed "limit".. at least where i live!

I'm pretty sure it has to be SUBSTANTIALLY below the limit. To the point where you're impedeing traffic. A speed limit is the highest rate of speed you are permitted to drive. S. Carolina actually has minimums posted on their interstates too. Usually 45 I believe.

Anyway, I don't do anything when I'm tailgated. Although I may slow down so they'll pass me.
1slosvt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #28
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
Go ahead. ARB bull bar with 1/4 plate steel re-inforcement, basic liability insurance, license plate hidden behind spare tire carrier and covered with mud, a COMPLETELY awful attitude, little to no common sense, and absolutely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to lose (or sue me for) whatsoever.

I am the I.D.G.A.F. guy, and I mean really.

When there is a complete and total LOSER with a bad attitude and a big, POS beater Jeep behind you, all bets are OFF, most people already know the ending of this drama...... Why tempt fate? Just pull over or do the speed limit.

...And I am one of many who would sooner shove a minivan into a guardrail than have them dictate to ME how THEY feel I should be driving and worry not about the repricussions.

My court alibi looks pretty good on paper as well. You see, Iv'e already dialed 911 and reported it as an erratic, harrassing driver that is possibly drunk and attempting to block the flow of traffic, driving in the wrong lane, wildly changing vehicle speeds with 14 other (witnesses) cars behind me.
"......He suddenly slammed on his brakes after all of that judge, honest! He couldn't be avoided, and well, youv'e heard the transcript of the 911 call 5 minutes prior, sir!" :wave:

Hmm I wonder where I got that experience? Deja vu, maybe?
Unread 07-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #29
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
...And I am one of many who would sooner shove a minivan into a guardrail than have them dictate to ME how THEY feel I should be driving and worry not about the repricussions.
Not trying to add any fuel to the fire here but you seem to have made a thread dedicated to just that? Telling people how they should drive?

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #30
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanriver View Post
Not trying to add any fuel to the fire here but you seem to have made a thread dedicated to just that? Telling people how they should drive?
No, this thread was in response to another one on the cherokee tech forum where some kid wanted to hook up his rear washer to spray crap on people's windshields, and was looking for any other "anti-tailgating mods", whuich is plain stupid and dangerous.

And no, I'm not here to tell people how to drive, the LAW is there for that. People cant seem to follow that law and feel that if they are 10-20 MPH UNDER the speed limit, "brake checking" and refusing to pull over when blocking traffic that they are within thier "rights". I am here to shatter that myth and save a few lives and keep weirdos from spraying crap on people's windshields.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.