The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE"

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Closed Thread
Unread 07-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The all-time best "ANTI-TAILGATER DEVICE"

Honestly, man. Someone up your azz? STEP ON THE DAMNED GAS PEDAL. There is probably a good damned reason there is a car 8 inches from your rear bumper and 10 more cars behind you with thier high beams on and mad looks on thier faces. This isnt college, this is COMMON SENSE.......I cannot believe someone started a 3 page thread on this when all it took was a simple tap on the accelerator or movement to the right.

Use that pedal on the far right. Still confused? PM me and I'll show you how to use it. That far right pedal has been the best Anti-tailgating mod yet.

Unread 07-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
[IMG]There is probably a good damned reason there is a car 8 inches from your rear bumper and 10 more cars behind you with thier high beams on and mad looks on thier faces.
If that's the case, then yes, however, there are a lot of a-hole drivers out there that simply tailgate for no good reason. Also, if you're on a 2 lane road, you can't really move over to the right, and if you're already at or above the speed limit, you can't really go a lot faster (without the potential for a ticket, blah, blah, blah).

Tailgaters aren't just behind folks going too slow in the left lane...
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Unread 07-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
TwistedcaB-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

ok well i started that thread, and what are you gona do if ur goin 80 and there still on ur ***??? dont be an ******* dude
Unread 07-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Luckyduck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Mine does not seem to work, I push it down and nothing happens

CentralMass4wd.com

1993 Ranger 2wd - dd
1999 wranger 2.5 - it gets used for something
1978 international scout - being built
1998 Cherokee sport 4.0 auto
1957 CJ5 - restoring back to stock http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...54#post5168554
Bikes:2000 Ducati Monster 900: 2001 CBR 600 F4i: 1980 CB 900
my build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my-build-thread-those-us-low-budgets-550786/
Unread 07-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I just hit the big pedal on the left(center for you manual guys) otherwise known as a brake check. If you are dumb enough to tailgate me in my Jeep with large amounts of mud caked in the under carriage, scratches and dents from tree branches, and rocks, and think that I wouldn't be more than happy to add a little damage from your piddly *** little excuse for an SUV and let your insurance company add to my new rear bumper fund, think again.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Unread 07-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
bushytails

There is NO excuse for driving an unsafe distance behind someone. ever. Even if you think you have a god-given right to be going 120 in a 25 zone, think it 3-5 seconds behind the person in front of you. And note we're talking about tailgaters, not cars behind you. If there's cars following a safe distance behind you, and they want to pass, of course you should pull over. If there's one idiot trying to go an unsafe speed, and is demonstrating this by being an unsafe distance behind your car, then he should be treated like any other reckless and dangerous driver that shouldn't have a license. And then you get the ones who tailgate you when they _have a passing lane_, but sit 3 inches off your bumper anyway...

--Bushytails
Unread 07-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
BrunoS

when gas gets to be $10 a gallon, no one will be able to afford to tailgate me anymore!

I agree with "gas pedal" modification...with a 4.0, and 5-spd, it does move in a hurry if you want to.
Magnaflow Muffler / High-flo Cat / MSD Coil
Unread 07-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
ChewyXJ
nom nom nom

Tailgating is my worst driving pet peeve. I usually slow down if they don't back off. I laugh at the idea that I would speed up and risk a ticket or accident for some j*****s who is disrespecting me by driving too close.

bty- how is this xj tech?
'87 XJ 2" lift
'96 XJ stock

"Personally, I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making some more."

"Don't believe everything you think..."
Unread 07-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana xj View Post
Tailgating is my worst driving pet peeve. I usually slow down if they don't back off. I laugh at the idea that I would speed up and risk a ticket or accident for some j*****s who is disrespecting me by driving too close.

bty- how is this xj tech?
You LAUGH at the idea of getting a ticket or an accident? You usually SLOW DOWN if they dont back off?!?!?

I dont know, I'm no cop, but THIS seems to be the STANDARD in every state that IV'E been through:

Ill GLADLY risk a ticket or accident if some jacka** disrespects me by NOT following the LAW, NOT doing the POSTED SPEED LIMIT or NOT moving to the RIGHT when the opportunity arises. Disrespect me and youll have either PETERBILT or ARB bumper so close in your rear view that you can count the dead bugs on the grille as I rapidly dial 911 and report your scofflaw self as either drunk or stupid.......dangerous and risking an accident in any event, because you are the new self-deputized sheriff of the roadway and risking everyone's lives by forcing them to follow what YOU feel the "safe" speed should be.

And BTW, HERE's how this is tech:

Gas pedals, not driving techniques, remember?

Back to TECH, Operation of the GAS PEDAL: In the event that you have more than 10 cars behind you or an impatient driver attempting to reach the speed limit, simply PUSH DOWN FIRMLY on the pedal to your far right until you can find a SAFE PLACE to pull to the right. MUCH, much safer than "Brake checking", making "anti-tailgating" devices that will cause other drivers to crash, or forcing the rest of the roadway to follow YOUR self-imposed new speed limit.

That gas pedal, it's a wonderful new mod........ Find yours TODAY!

http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/11/h...-in-left-lane/

Last edited by 4.0H.O.XJ; 07-25-2008 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Because I had lots of leftover time to use because everyone did the speed limit on the way home
Unread 07-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #10
bikedude189
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
You LAUGH at the idea of getting a ticket or an accident? You usually SLOW DOWN if they dont back off?!?!?

I dont know, I'm no cop, but THIS seems to be the STANDARD in every state that IV'E been through:

Ill GLADLY risk a ticket or accident if some jacka** disrespects me by NOT following the LAW, NOT doing the POSTED SPEED LIMIT or NOT moving to the RIGHT when the opportunity arises. Disrespect me and youll have either PETERBILT or ARB bumper so close in your rear view that you can count the dead bugs on the grille as I rapidly dial 911 and report your scofflaw self as either drunk or stupid.......dangerous and risking an accident in any event, because you are the new self-deputized sheriff of the roadway and risking everyone's lives by forcing them to follow what YOU feel the "safe" speed should be.

And BTW, HERE's how this is tech:

Gas pedals, not driving techniques, remember?

Back to TECH, Operation of the GAS PEDAL: In the event that you have more than 10 cars behind you or an impatient driver attempting to reach the speed limit, simply PUSH DOWN FIRMLY on the pedal to your far right until you can find a SAFE PLACE to pull to the right. MUCH, much safer than "Brake checking", making "anti-tailgating" devices that will cause other drivers to crash, or forcing the rest of the roadway to follow YOUR self-imposed new speed limit.

That gas pedal, it's a wonderful new mod........ Find yours TODAY!

http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/11/h...-in-left-lane/

first off, don't be such a ****** on the forum.

second, if you dial 911 for that it is a federal offense. if the police decide you are annoying, they have the right to arrest you for a phone call like that. maybe the slow person has a legitimate reason to be going that speed. maybe there is a jerk in a peterbuilt dangerously tailgaiting him.

its an online forum, try to keep it friendly.

that being said, if you drive slow in the left lane (especially with another car next to you) and you are not passing you should be shot.
2" LIFT
BFG A/T'S
Unread 07-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
Magus2727
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I thought that a Speed limit was just that, a Limit not a mandatory speed that everyone must go at.
While Yes I am usually going right at or a few MPH above the speed limit if I am behind someone going slower than the posted limit I don’t have to be a jerk and tail gate him to move faster.
If going only 30 in a 35 for 2 miles it only takes you about 25 second longer to get there.
I would want an Anti-Tailgating device for when I am going the speed limit or even over and the guy behind me is still being an A**.
I wish I had my Jeep the other day I was going 5 over( 40ish in a 35), guess that was not fast enough, he passed me on the left (I was in the right lane) and then went back into the right lane cutting me off without using his blinkers, I respectfully gave him the finger long and hard till he saw. The guy was a total A**hole slowed way down and got out of his car and acted as if I just casually flick people off who do nothing wrong (I almost was tempted to hit him…. But did not want a felony on my record) after passing him and going the POSTED SPEED LIMIT the guy was tailgating me like a dog getting fresh with another dog. Too bad I was in my little focus (which just got fixed from $4,500 for rear end damage) and he was in a late 90” SUV. I would have brake checked him so bad! If there is no law in Utah about having a ball on a hitch without towing I might be even more tempted now to get a hitch just for that.
NAXJA Member #2619

1995 Jeep Sport Cherokee 4x4 with an Auto and 4.0L
B&M Transmission Cooler and Autometer Tranny Temp Gauge, Ruff Stuff Diff Cover on D30.
Taraflex 1.5" BB (rear shackle only), HD Quadratec leaf springs, RE 3.5" front springs, OME Long shocks, JKS Adjustable Track Bar from K.O.R.
Daystar Control Arm Bushings, Bushwhacker Flairs, Rhino lining along bottom trim, AGR PS pump with Cooler & Filter.
Bored TB, APN Manifold, New Downpipe, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Flowmaster Super 44.
Dual Oil Relocation Kit running two K&N301 size filters, Autometer Digital Cobalt Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauge.
Unread 07-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #12
Guswut
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The speed LIMIT is just that: the LIMIT. I drive 55mph nearly all the time on the highway. I don't care if the LIMIT is 65mph, 70mph, or 9,001mph! I'm driving within my comfort zone (although I really mean price range... Ouch!) and that's THAT.

I stick to the right-most lane (unless there will be a mess of inbound traffic, then I move a lane over and speed up to the limit until I can get back over) but though I still get people that tailgate me. So I DO use that skinny pedal... Or I should say, I do NOT use it. Take my foot off, throw it into neutral, and I slow down until either I'm stopped or they're gone. I've YET to have anyone follow my *** below 30mph, but though SOMEDAY some jerk is going to follow me to a complete stop then get out of his car intent on yelling at me and most likely 'teaching me a lesson' similar to how you're thinking kiddo. Then I'll throw it into 1-2, give him some dirt/rocks in the face, and be on my merry way.

If you want to drive faster than me, then that's fine. Go do it in a lane I'm not currently in. Thanks!
Unread 07-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #13
justinwalden

is this necessary?
Unread 07-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #14
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

This is ridiculous. I don't see why this thread has a place here.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
Unread 07-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #15
bushytails

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikedude189 View Post
first off, don't be such a ****** on the forum.
What do you expect from a tailgater?

HO: I don't care if you're unhappy with someone's speed - turning an annoying situation into a life-threatening situation is not the proper response. Live with it.

--Bushytails
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.