AGENT ORANGE build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > AGENT ORANGE build

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Reply
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #91
WestTennXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 96
Your Jeep, your bumper. If you like it, good for you.

__________________
2000 Cherokee Sport, 4WD Auto 4.0
2.5" OME kit w/ 31's
2002 WJ Overland
2011 WK2 Limited (Wife's)
WestTennXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #92
lilsinister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: cobden, IL
Posts: 144
ya you can have any opinion you like, just try to be polite about it is what hes saying. trust me though ive seen people on this site much ruder lol. i know personally some have bigger bumpers for more weight. i loved mine and the bronco had 33s and flexed like a mother haha especially on those trees once i knocked them down . i like the bumper some dont just personal taste
lilsinister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #93
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown, New jersey
Posts: 679
So you think this bumper limits flex??? That sir is not the case, I can fully flex it out never hitting the bumper and IF i hit the bumper i gas it more and it goes right up whatever its hitting. And yes this bumper has been known to take out 12" trees fallen across the trail. The tree was right in the middle of the uprights on the bumper and some speed snapped the tree perfectly! Definaltly wouldnt have wanted a low profile bumper for that. yes sliders and a rear bumper on this summers list
__________________
1991 Ford F250 7.3L IDI diesel
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"-DD BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/agent-orange-build-1306755/
1948 Willys CJ2A++1994 Wrangler 4cyl. manual trans++2012 JK 4dr unlimited 6spd
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #94
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown, New jersey
Posts: 679
tell me how my flex is limited, rear tire off the ground front passenger fully stuffed and rear driver fully stuffed while inverting the leaf spring(yea its not good to do but im getting new springs) still have the sway bar on...
__________________
1991 Ford F250 7.3L IDI diesel
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"-DD BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/agent-orange-build-1306755/
1948 Willys CJ2A++1994 Wrangler 4cyl. manual trans++2012 JK 4dr unlimited 6spd
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #95
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown, New jersey
Posts: 679
Finally ordered the rustys 3" lift and got some JKS quicker disconnects. I didnt like the price of them JKS but it will cut down on time spent fabbing some up and get me on the trails faster.
__________________
1991 Ford F250 7.3L IDI diesel
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"-DD BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/agent-orange-build-1306755/
1948 Willys CJ2A++1994 Wrangler 4cyl. manual trans++2012 JK 4dr unlimited 6spd
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #96
Back_In_Black
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,433
ill answer this when i get home from work, in the mean time, how did you tie the bumper into the frame?
__________________
[QUOTE=chris87xj;9882230](in my best accent and with hands folded)
"Ah Grasshopper, we drink of the cherokee life fluids to become one with our soul brothern."[/QUOTE]


[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #97
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown, New jersey
Posts: 679
As it sits right now only the 6 factory bolts but is getting more attachment plating to the steering box. I know your gonna say its not strong enough and dangerous but Im pretty sure iv torture tested it to the max ie hooking a tow strap to a totally stuck TJ and yanked on it it so hard it would have ripped my bumper off if at that point it was ever going to rip off. Iv looked underneath and thoughly inspected to mounting holes and no stress cracks or bends. Iv side loaded, front loaded and lifted the front of my XJ off the bumper and its strong
__________________
1991 Ford F250 7.3L IDI diesel
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"-DD BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/agent-orange-build-1306755/
1948 Willys CJ2A++1994 Wrangler 4cyl. manual trans++2012 JK 4dr unlimited 6spd
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #98
Muddy97Cherokee
Senior Member
 
Muddy97Cherokee's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mustang, Oklahoma
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIdiesel
And yes this bumper has been known to take out 12" trees fallen across the trail. The tree was right in the middle of the uprights on the bumper and some speed snapped the tree perfectly!
Was this tree 12 inches diameter or 12 inches tall because my stock jeep has plowed over alot of foot tall trees! Lol
__________________
1997 XJ Sport
6.5" with 31's
Built to CRAWL
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #99
Back_In_Black
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIdiesel View Post
As it sits right now only the 6 factory bolts but is getting more attachment plating to the steering box. I know your gonna say its not strong enough and dangerous but Im pretty sure iv torture tested it to the max ie hooking a tow strap to a totally stuck TJ and yanked on it it so hard it would have ripped my bumper off if at that point it was ever going to rip off. Iv looked underneath and thoughly inspected to mounting holes and no stress cracks or bends. Iv side loaded, front loaded and lifted the front of my XJ off the bumper and its strong
just because it "worked" didn't mean it was right.

thats not what I was going to say at all.

you sure do get offended easily don't you?

the reality is, is that steering box supports are only needed once bugger tires show up...now with that said, would I pull anything with that bumper, or use it as a recovery point???...hell no.

Its difficult to see exactly how much clearance you have from the tire to the bumper, but it seems to ME that once bigger tires get involved, they will eat that bumper.

just my .02, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

If you don't mind taking some pictures of one of the front tires tucked as far in the wheel well as you can get it, then take measurements from the tire to the inside corner of that bumper, that would solve this issue, and possibly prove me wrong.
__________________
[QUOTE=chris87xj;9882230](in my best accent and with hands folded)
"Ah Grasshopper, we drink of the cherokee life fluids to become one with our soul brothern."[/QUOTE]


[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #100
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
just because it "worked" didn't mean it was right.

thats not what I was going to say at all.

you sure do get offended easily don't you?

the reality is, is that steering box supports are only needed once bugger tires show up...now with that said, would I pull anything with that bumper, or use it as a recovery point???...hell no.

Its difficult to see exactly how much clearance you have from the tire to the bumper, but it seems to ME that once bigger tires get involved, they will eat that bumper.

just my .02, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

If you don't mind taking some pictures of one of the front tires tucked as far in the wheel well as you can get it, then take measurements from the tire to the inside corner of that bumper, that would solve this issue, and possibly prove me wrong.
You just wish you could have a bumper that sweet, don't be a hater.
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #101
Back_In_Black
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
You just wish you could have a bumper that sweet, don't be a hater.
dammit, you're right.
__________________
[QUOTE=chris87xj;9882230](in my best accent and with hands folded)
"Ah Grasshopper, we drink of the cherokee life fluids to become one with our soul brothern."[/QUOTE]


[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #102
alexrule123
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 7,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
dammit, you're right.
You two should just trade bumpers and call it a day.
__________________
Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited: My Build Thread
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #103
Back_In_Black
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
You two should just trade bumpers and call it a day.
I'd rather set my jeep on fire.
__________________
[QUOTE=chris87xj;9882230](in my best accent and with hands folded)
"Ah Grasshopper, we drink of the cherokee life fluids to become one with our soul brothern."[/QUOTE]


[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #104
lilsinister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: cobden, IL
Posts: 144
lol i do like running so trees over haha. i love dodges though if you cant dodge it RAM it! hah
lilsinister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #105
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown, New jersey
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
Was this tree 12 inches diameter or 12 inches tall because my stock jeep has plowed over alot of foot tall trees! Lol
the trees were 12" round.

The bumper ends where at the front of the fender flair(just vizualize the bumper is finished) so ill have to be cutting my fenders before the bumper is an issue. You can see how much room is still there for a bigger tire until the bumper is an issue
__________________
1991 Ford F250 7.3L IDI diesel
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"-DD BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/agent-orange-build-1306755/
1948 Willys CJ2A++1994 Wrangler 4cyl. manual trans++2012 JK 4dr unlimited 6spd
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.