AGENT ORANGE build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > AGENT ORANGE build

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #16
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

We need more Orange XJs in the world, beautiful color. Bumper looks solid and well built and would probably take a beating, but cosmetically its somewhat out of place on the XJ as is. Would probably be awesome for a Zombie Apocalypse but I would feel awkward driving it around everyday for exactly the reason that Blinker_Fluid said. Tapered edges like dcorn said would actually look pretty awesome, I think thats all that the bumper needs to blend better. If it were my design I'd drop the center bar down to grill height, and lower the outer edges so there werent any right angles. Only thing is you have to work around the headlights... I think even a nice grille hoop on that bumper would look awesome. I would also very much advise doing the frame tie ins

You seem handy with a welder... lets see some sliders!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #17
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I agree it looks silly on a stock XJ, but the funds are still coming in for the lift and Im waiting for the summer when Im not at college to do a lift. Yes sliders are next on the list!!! I have to check my steel rack to see what material to use but i have a few ideas. I thought of lowering the outer edges but it was making a very complicated angle to work with and duplicate on each side. I will also be building a rear bumper, and some belly sliders. First thing i need is a gas tank skid, I always seem to be dragging it up hills.
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #18
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

that bumper is terrifying.

if you like it then whatever...

just know that if you ever pull up next to me, Im going to get out of my XJ, take a picture of it, then post it here for everyone to laugh at.

yipes.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #19
mikey_13
1996 XJ Cherokee 

that's a rare xj color for sure, i love it
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

do the jeep world a favor and put your stock bumper back on.... i know you can do better than that monstrosity

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #21
Alix4d
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey that's my jeeps name. I like the color.

Alix4d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #22
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

knock my bumper all you want guys but i do like it and am proud of what i built. It may not have fancy lines and lots of 90s but it sure will knock over anything i want it to
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #23
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I like it...Don't listen to these guys. Style your sliders to look similar to the bumper and it will make the overall look much better. Look at AJ's Super Squares for some inspiration. They would look great with that bumper.

I have these and they are pure beef.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #24
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

When do we get a video of the traffic cones lol!? Sliders to match and a lift and beefy tires and it'll all come together. Any plans for the rear?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Don't take it to heart....young kid out there fabing up stuff on his first Cherokee, I salute you. The tie in stuff you need to listen to, that's just for your and your vehicles own safety. But the rest, if you like it rock it.

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^LOL at spongebob but that's totally true mad respect for doing your own fab work!

Matt
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

its great you built it yourself, I cant weld worth ****.

doesn't change the fact that I think it looks like ****.

My co-worker came up with a slogan for you if you ever sell it....

"the only bumper that uses only 90 degree angles..."

good luck with the jeep.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The list of future mods includes:
bumper tie ins
3" Rustys lift full leaf packs
some square tubing sliders( similar to AJ's offroad)
Rear bumper- and YES i will be using lots of 90*s for all you haters
rear end might be worked in if the funds allow.

Just so to give you an idea guys all the steel Im using is FREE to me ao I take what i have stock piled from my dads old shop. Im just going to use the supply I have. And im still looking for those traffic cones. Not to much road work around me.
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #29
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

cant....look........any......more.....!

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #30
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I do really like that rare orange color, to bad they only made about 741 in 2001!! They don't seem to come up for sale too often, even on ebay! They look awesome with dark grey Icon rims though!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.