Adding a lift to existing lift?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Adding a lift to existing lift??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-31-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
lzugl

Adding a lift to existing lift??

I have a 90 Cherokee with a 4.5' rough country lift sitting on 33 toyo mts. I was wondering how i should go about getting my lift up to about a 6' with out buying a new lift and also a ballpark on how much it would run if possible.

lzugl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Why do you need 6" of lift? It will depend on what you've got now, but you're looking at pretty much a complete overhaul of the suspension and steering to get to 6".
Unread 09-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You could add a shackle relocation bracket. With extended shackles it would net you up to about two inches.
Then you just add a 2" coil spacer up front...
...and then add longer brake lines and cables, longer control arms, adjust your track bar (it IS adjustable, right?), new leaf shims, maybe need a drop pitman arm. etc etc etc.

If your 33" tire fit under the 4.5" lift now, I'd just say leave it, or trim the fenders if there is some clearance issues.
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

The difference between 4.5 and 6" is where things get expensive.
You'll also want longarms at that height.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzugl View Post
I have a 90 Cherokee with a 4.5' rough country lift sitting on 33 toyo mts. I was wondering how i should go about getting my lift up to about a 6' with out buying a new lift and also a ballpark on how much it would run if possible.

just get some bushwacker or similar fender flares for extra clearnece
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.