About to buy a 98 XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > About to buy a 98 XJ

Jeep Liberty Window RegulatorJeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 08-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
smsullivan11

About to buy a 98 XJ

Looked at a 98 Cherokee base model with the up country package for $1300 down from $1700. She's got 232,000 miles on it, but the previous owner put in a newer tranny, he had no idea when or how many miles it had. The guy's an at home mechanic who just put in an E fan, new radiator, cap, spark plugs, all new wiring. No exhaust leaks or anything, or its gonna need brakes and tires within the next three months I'd say, maybe some other new front end work cause the alignment is off a little as well. Just wondering if you guys think it's a good buy.

smsullivan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

No its not you would give me the location on this jeep so I can go buy it and save anyone else the troubles and high cost of modifying it. If the body is in good shape and she runs well it seems like a good deal for an up country.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.