99XJ ex-R.C.M.P. Poacher chaser - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 99XJ ex-R.C.M.P. Poacher chaser

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #1
amerbritcan

99XJ ex-R.C.M.P. Poacher chaser

So, this is the first thread I've made here, I'll post up pics of my clusterf*** when I get my 25 posts under my belt. Guess I'll start off with a bit of history about myself. When I was 14, I traded my alcoholic neighbour $50 and a 12 pack of beer for a black '85 2 door 2.5L 5 speed XJ, transmission was about to break, drove it without 3rd for a while, anyway it lasted less than a year, before the trans completely grenaded. I eventually scrapped it. Stupid, I know. Right after the 2 door grenaded I got a really, really beat 87 4 door 5 speed 4.0L for $800. I welded the front and rear diff the same weekend I learned to weld. I hit a tree while going way too fast in 4-lo and it never came out of 4-lo again but I didn't care, it was an exclusively offroad vehicle. Never got lifted, just got the fenders hacked at and trimmed and bashed with sledges and shoehorned some (at the time) massive boggers on there. If memory serves, 33's. Rubbed all the damn time. But again, dumb teenager.

I graduated and went to college in a town 2 hours away and my dad seized the opportunity to liquidate my collection. The XJ, an 83 caprice classic with a mildly built up 350, and a gorgeous 1965 Volvo. Never saw a cent for any of it, didn't talk to my dad for years. Fast forward a decade, my mom and dad have split, my mom keeping the house in the boons, she's old, her mind is failing and my 97 civic got stuck in the driveway 4 times over the winter. I decided to have one last fuel saving summer with it and to look for a 4x4 come fall
lo and behold I come across an ad for a 99 XJ, dude wanted to trade for a small car. Given my history with XJ's I was way more attracted to it than I should have been. 134,000 km though, versus the 250k the civic had. And the whole ex-poacher chaser thing I thought was super neat.

Well it turns out the thing is a bit of a clusterf***. Drivers' side floor is Swiss cheese, the rockers are brand new but there's no back to them, has half a performance exhaust, 4.5" RC lift, the gauge cluster is bizarre, only has speedometer and gas gauge. TONS of noise in the cabin, I'm thinking from u joints? Horrible rattle can flat dark gray paint. Anyway, I need help sorting this thing into as good /comfortable a DD as possible. HALP.

Oh yeah my name's Jay, and I'm a mechanic, so tech speak is cool, but please don't jump right into the acronyms cuz I'll get lost. I'm new to modding these beyond cutting and hammering. Goals will be to fit as big a tire as I can with the lift, but keeping road noise to a minimum. Shared vehicle with the GF as her car just blew the motor.

The jeep supposedly has a bunch of special equipment from being a cop car. LSD in the back, special ECU. Thick front skid and gas tank skid. Once I hit 25 posts I'll gladly post up all kinds of pics.

amerbritcan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #2
shooptube
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to the forum! Make a photobucket account. It will allow you to post pictures.
Unread Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #3
amerbritcan

I have a Flickr. When I signed up it said I wouldn't be able to post pics with img tags until I hit 25 posts.
Unread Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #4
amerbritcan

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/13278966@N05/15394338820/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/13278966@N05/15393332679/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/13278966@N05/15393943867/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

See if this works. Probably not as I'm under 25 posts but maybe they'll show up once I hit 25
Unread Yesterday, 11:19 PM   #5
shooptube
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerbritcan
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/13278966@N05/15394338820/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/13278966@N05/15393332679/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/13278966@N05/15393943867/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

See if this works. Probably not as I'm under 25 posts but maybe they'll show up once I hit 25
It may show up after 25 posts
Unread Today, 12:28 AM   #6
amerbritcan

Well thank you for welcoming me to the forum anyhow
Unread Today, 09:59 AM   #7
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 10:53 AM   #8
shooptube
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIdiesel
Maybe because its an iframe?
Unread Today, 10:56 AM   #9
amerbritcan

I'll just go spam EVERYONE's threads to get to 25 lol. I'm sure the admins would love that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.