99 XJ ideas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 99 XJ ideas

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
XJ_girl

99 XJ ideas

I have a 99 XJ and Im saving up to put a 4.5 lift and i wanna put 33's on it after i cut into the fender a bit .. I've been looking around at a lot of tires and i don't know which ones i want and I've also been looking for rims and i don't know if they would look good on my XJ .. Let me know what kind of wheels you have you i can get come ideas

XJ_girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

For reference, here is my old 99, 4.5" lift on 33"KM2s/15x8 Cragar Soft 8's. Front fenders trimmed and lined with rubber pipe insulation and stock rear flares.

Try searching though, plenty of people running this kind of setup.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
erobinson923
1991 MJ Comanche 

What kind of driving are you gonna be doing? A lot of wheelin or a little and mainly used on road? Trails, mud, rocks? This information would help with suggestions as to what kind of tires. For 33s you'll probably want to look into regearing and at 4.5 inches there's gonna be quite a bit more work as far as driveline angles, sye, adjustable track bar, etc.
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
XJ_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
For reference, here is my old 99, 4.5" lift on 33"KM2s/15x8 Cragar Soft 8's. Front fenders trimmed and lined with rubber pipe insulation and stock rear flares.

Try searching though, plenty of people running this kind of setup.
I have looked at so many .. And I've looked at other years too and that looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by erobinson923
What kind of driving are you gonna be doing? A lot of wheelin or a little and mainly used on road? Trails, mud, rocks? This information would help with suggestions as to what kind of tires. For 33s you'll probably want to look into regearing and at 4.5 inches there's gonna be quite a bit more work as far as driveline angles, sye, adjustable track bar, etc.
Im gonna do a lot of wheeling any chance i get LOL i love wheeling .. Mostly trails and mud
XJ_girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.