'99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > '99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-03-2011, 04:11 AM   #121
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Side profile pic I forgot I took. Tools and fat *** dog in the back aren't helping the rear clearance much.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 04:16 AM   #122
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Very clean and probably best looking XJ i have seen! Hurry with that rear bumper of yours, i know you have it laying somewhere already!
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #123
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Looks awesome, loved your build thread!
I just moved to Puyallup, and picked up a new rig recently so we'll have to meet up at a trail sometime, show me around!

Last edited by GtiKyle; 10-03-2011 at 12:12 PM..
GtiKyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #124
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Side profile pic I forgot I took. Tools and fat *** dog in the back aren't helping the rear clearance much.

Nice build! Definitely one of the cleanest Xjs.

Whats your dogs name?
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #125
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiKyle View Post
Looks awesome, loved your build thread!
I just moved to Puyallup, and picked up a new rig recently so we'll have to meet up at a trail sometime, show me around!
Thanks! Where'd you move from? I worked just outside of Puyallup for several years so I know the area pretty well. I'm not much of a trail guide but there's not a whole lot out there that our rigs couldn't handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller015 View Post
Nice build! Definitely one of the cleanest Xjs.

Whats your dogs name?
Thanks! It might look 'clean' in pics but she's got her share of light scratches and slightly warped sheet metal. Nothing I'm too concerned about really, but I should probably give her a nice wax job one of these days. I'm not an abusive driver, but things can happen on the trail and I do my best to avoid them or fix them afterward.

My malamute's name is Niko; got him as a rescue in '07, a few months after my YJ was stolen.

Unread 10-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #126
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thanks! Where'd you move from? I worked just outside of Puyallup for several years so I know the area pretty well. I'm not much of a trail guide but there's not a whole lot out there that our rigs couldn't handle.
Moved from spokane in August. I know this area has a ton of trails to checkout, so I'm pretty stoked. Beautiful dog btw!
Unread 10-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #127
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My '95 radiator just bit the dust and started a slow leak. I like your new alu radiator/electric fan combo but dirtbound doesn't make a fan for my YJ.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #128
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good Phillip... too bad we couldn't meet up when I was in Tacoma. Turns out my mom lives like 4 blocks away from you...small world. Next time I will plan a couple extra days and you can show me some trails.

Niko is awesome...looks like a great dog. The snow pic for your avatar is awesome!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #129
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking well built jeep, reminds me a lot of my friend anthony's.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #130
mikeredjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Really nice Jeep man. Gotta save up $$$ to get mine lookin like yours... Haha this pic at 5 Mile Drive?
mikeredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #131
GtiKyle
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Gorgeous dog... If i could handle the upkeep of a big dog right now, I'd be all over something as beautiful as him
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #132
amatotime
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Haha looks similar to my 99 sport nice!
amatotime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #133
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorriver View Post
My '95 radiator just bit the dust and started a slow leak. I like your new alu radiator/electric fan combo but dirtbound doesn't make a fan for my YJ.
My '93 YJ had a similar problem with the radiator. Just a tiny leak for a little bit then one morning pretty much all of the coolant was on the ground. I got a replacement from radiatorbarn.com and was pretty happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Looking good Phillip... too bad we couldn't meet up when I was in Tacoma. Turns out my mom lives like 4 blocks away from you...small world. Next time I will plan a couple extra days and you can show me some trails.

Niko is awesome...looks like a great dog. The snow pic for your avatar is awesome!
Yeah sorry about that, I didn't really think anything about Saturday and you were probably already taking off fairly early Sunday. Small world indeed.

Hope we get another good snow storm this year to play in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeredjeep View Post
Really nice Jeep man. Gotta save up $$$ to get mine lookin like yours... Haha this pic at 5 Mile Drive?
Thanks. I hear ya...it's tough to save, particularly in the summer. I always found it a lot easier during the winter when you're less inclined to go on long trips and spend more money on stuff. Other than lift tickets at the slopes, I tend to hibernate with TV and football. It is 5 Mile Drive, good eye. I think that was at the first turnout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Nice looking well built jeep, reminds me a lot of my friend anthony's.
Thanks. It just needs some minor suspension tweaking and a few accessories but I'm pretty happy with where it's at overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiKyle View Post
Gorgeous dog... If i could handle the upkeep of a big dog right now, I'd be all over something as beautiful as him
Thanks. He's not too much trouble despite his size. Kind of a big lazy cat, really. Just need to walk him 2-3 times per day.

Unread 10-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #134
BAR01XJ

Just found your thread and really enjoyed it. My build is very similar to yours, and the pics have helped me make a couple decisions.

Are you still using the 15x8s with the 33x12.5s? Did the 33s rub on the short arms before you got the y-links?

As for the little boost in the rear you want, I used TNT UBE and an extra OME leaf from DPG. Now I need the ACOS to level everything back out.
BAR01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:21 PM   #135
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks...figured this would float to the bottom until I updated it with new radiator and fan install pics.

My rims are 15x8 with 4" of backspacing. I only had the 33's on for a couple of days before I installed the long arms but I didn't notice any rubbing. Then again all I did between then was a quick trip to get my axles regeared and then it sat in the driveway for a few days until it was done.

UBE's and AAL are a good idea, I hadn't really considered that option. I think some AAL's would probably just do it. Looks like they are a little cheaper than I thought!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.