'99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > '99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #301
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5

Go ahead and just getn ew springs. Those ACOS nned to go!

So just let me know how much you want for them
I'll keep that in mind.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #302
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just moved into a new place so I haven't done much lately. Still moving the last bits of stuff out of storage and unpacking plus overtime is picking up again. Shackle relocation brackets are on hold until I can find a nice day to go to my buddy's place. I think I'm going to go the easy route and just make a small incision from above to hold that nut with a wrench instead of taking the whole bumper off to get into the frame rail.

Factory starter finally died, though. It's spend the last few months slowly cranking out starts until Saturday when it finally turned its last turn and there was literally nothing. Good thing I was right next to a Domino's! A short flatbed ride home and I put the new one in last night that I'd bought at Napa a few weeks ago. Start-up is insane now. So much faster and more powerful, even when the old starter was in good shape.

Out with the old (151,900 miles)

In with the new

Unread 03-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #303
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

My starter is a little weak as well, 198,000 KM on the original, so close to what you have. I also want to replace it one day soon, and clean up all the connections for both power and ground.

Still in Tacoma man or did you move north?

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #304
Mtb Jak
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great man! Let me know if when you plan to go wheeling next! I need to get out!
Mtb Jak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #305
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
My starter is a little weak as well, 198,000 KM on the original, so close to what you have. I also want to replace it one day soon, and clean up all the connections for both power and ground.

Still in Tacoma man or did you move north?
Yep, just moved about 5 minutes away over by Wright Park. No more room to do any major projects on the Jeep, but thankfully most of those have been taken care of already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb Jak View Post
Looks great man! Let me know if when you plan to go wheeling next! I need to get out!
Sure! It might be a little while, but I'm hoping to get out sometime by Memorial Day weekend. Flag football league starts this weekend so I'm tied up every Saturday until then.

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #306
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Yep, just moved about 5 minutes away over by Wright Park. No more room to do any major projects on the Jeep, but thankfully most of those have been taken care of already.
Good stuff man. I was down about a month and a half ago, but was a quick trip, only 1 night. Next time I will give you a shout and maybe if I bring the XJ you can show me some trails?

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #307
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Good stuff man. I was down about a month and a half ago, but was a quick trip, only 1 night. Next time I will give you a shout and maybe if I bring the XJ you can show me some trails?
Other than Tahuya which is like baby's-first-trails, the only thing really close around here is Evans Creek, which can be...tight. Especially for XJ's. I do okay there but I'm pretty careful. Still hard to keep the trees from trying to rip the flares off on some of those turns though.

Haven't done a whole lot lately...been too lazy and no longer having a driveway to work on anything keeps me from even doing simple stuff. Got rid of the stock header today though, and put in a shiny new Banks. Seems a lot smoother at idle and under throttle so far. Paired it up with a new Walker downpipe sans the pinched part above the O2 sensor that comes with the factory one.

Unread 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #308
KeoniSitar
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So I don't know if I missed it in the post but where did you get your fender flares at or are the custom fab?
KeoniSitar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #309
BAR01XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeoniSitar View Post
So I don't know if I missed it in the post but where did you get your fender flares at or are the custom fab?
Bushwacker Flat Flares ... they're great.
BAR01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #310
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, they're Bushwacker flats that I picked up online for about $150 per set. I'd have been just happy with no flares, but Washington is a flare/mudflap happy state and require these stupid things. I have no complaints about the flares other than that they try to separate themselves from the body when you're driving up against trees, especially the rear ones since they follow your line. At least with the fronts you can avoid things. They hold up fine, but they're just held in by small screw hardware. Good enough for the streets, but not so great on trails.

So, pretty soon I'll be looking for a full steel solution, like this: http://shop.hooliganoffroadengineeri...r-Full-Set.htm

Unread 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #311
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Look into notch customs flares. Friggin sweet!
MountainMan864 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #312
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Yeah, they're Bushwacker flats that I picked up online for about $150 per set. I'd have been just happy with no flares, but Washington is a flare/mudflap happy state and require these stupid things. I have no complaints about the flares other than that they try to separate themselves from the body when you're driving up against trees, especially the rear ones since they follow your line. At least with the fronts you can avoid things. They hold up fine, but they're just held in by small screw hardware. Good enough for the streets, but not so great on trails.

So, pretty soon I'll be looking for a full steel solution, like this: http://shop.hooliganoffroadengineeri...r-Full-Set.htm
Nice man, those look excellent. Burly and DOM so no more flare removal at random times!!

Sell me your Bushwackers when you upgrade so the placement of your old parts on my XJ can continue! lol

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.