'99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > '99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #226
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

A little bit of superglue will do it!

Unread 05-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #227
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was going to replace it in a few weeks anyway, but of course it wanted to blow up in the middle of a trail.

Ordered a CSF all metal 3-row.
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #228
meggymouse
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My baby matches your baby! haha, I just bought mine last week. Not only is this my first jeep, but at 22years old (embarassed to say) it's my first car. I am as happy as happy gets. My dad owned a 1998 jeep cherokee and told me that when I drove mine I'd fall in love, he was right. I already am throwing together a budget for add-ons and up grades. I'm going to start with fixing the headliner and move on to a cool air intake and lift kit and so on... I'll be 1 year in remission from hodgkin's lymphoma on june 1st, and this was the best present I could have ever bought myself. I am so excited to live life, healthy, and as a jeep owner!
meggymouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #229
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice! It looks a lot cleaner than mine did (the dealer didn't take any pics of the passenger side, which had all of the minor cosmetic blemishes.)

It's not all that unusual to go so long without a first car depending on your lifestyle and how good public transportation is where you live. I didn't get mine until I was 18, and that was only because I got a job my senior year of high school and had a lot of after-school activities. My parents didn't want me driving their cars, so they paid for half of mine as a loan; a Celica GT with almost identical colored paint.

I don't think I'd ever even been in an XJ before I went to go test drive it. I immediately liked its comfort and coziness in contrast to my YJ. This was something I could actually enjoy long trips in and was practical enough to actually haul cargo and passengers in.
Unread 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #230
meggymouse
1999 XJ Cherokee 

One thing I am thankful for, for sure, is how clean mine is. This was prior to the new hood. It just has a couple rust spots.
meggymouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #231
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

New CSF 3-row from ebay...fit like a glove and the neck even has a little better clearance over the header panel than the factory one. Threw it in real quick so no install pictures, I didn't feel like riding my bike to work and back in the rain again. A 30 minute idle test in the driveway already showed some noticeable cooling improvement, even after I let it blast AC for a while. We'll see how it does on the road in the upcoming weeks as the weather heats up.

Unread 06-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #232
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

About time!

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #233
TitletownZJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Great Build. I love that rear bumper.

Member of Titletown Jeepers
TitletownZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #234
K-R
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i just pulled my csf radiator out since it has been leaking at the neck since i got it back in feb. then the next two were bent, too. in my opinion, if you got one with the neck not damaged in shipping you got lucky.

i have a aluminum/plastic tank one now. seems to run fine.
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #235
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Back on the road... oh yeah!!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #236
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitletownZJ View Post
Great Build. I love that rear bumper.
Thanks, I really like it too. There were cheaper options out there but I really liked the look of it plus I already had AJ's rockers and front winch bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-R View Post
i just pulled my csf radiator out since it has been leaking at the neck since i got it back in feb. then the next two were bent, too. in my opinion, if you got one with the neck not damaged in shipping you got lucky.

i have a aluminum/plastic tank one now. seems to run fine.
Although I got it from a performance store off ebay, it looked like it was fresh from the factory. Even the box was in immaculate condition. If there are any flaws with it, it'll be due to manufacturer defect. The 2 year warranty is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Back on the road... oh yeah!!

Not that I minded biking to and from work (only 5 miles and it's quite relaxing) but after working 10-12 hour shifts every night, it's nice to drive again. Now I just need a new water pump and the whole cooling system will have been replaced.
Unread 07-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #237
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well my OME shocks are just about maxed out, so it was time to start looking around for an upgrade. Settled on the Bilstein 5100's with 10" of travel (fronts are back-ordered). Also picked up some OR-Fab rear quarter panel armor with the rails. These things are heavy; about 30 lbs each!

Unread 07-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #238
Jeepnbo
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Well my OME shocks are just about maxed out, so it was time to start looking around for an upgrade. Settled on the Bilstein 5100's with 10" of travel (fronts are back-ordered). Also picked up some OR-Fab rear quarter panel armor with the rails. These things are heavy; about 30 lbs each!

Those panel armors look sharp! Cant wait to see some install pics!
Jeepnbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #239
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's going to be a two-man job (one to hold them up while the other punches center marks) and my drill is at a buddy's house, so I'm hoping to get them on soon.

Also, I think I traced my overheating issue to the e-fans from Dirtbound, but it's not really their fault. Two of them failed because of the poor connectors that come stock with the fans. I had Dirtbound do all of the pre-wiring (an option when you buy the kit) so everything came pre-assembled. The ground leads in particular looked a little loose when it arrived, so I crimped them again as much as I could and wrapped them up in electrical tape. Somehow the female ends expanded so much that the male ends weren't making full contact and were kind of like a hot-dog-down-a-hallway, being held centered by the heat shrink tubing. So they must have bounced around, making contact occasionally until the fans fried. One fan isn't quite good enough to handle much city driving, but fortunately I don't need to drive much so I made do until the two replacements arrived. It took a little while because they didn't have replacements laying around to send out (their stock must be allocated to full kits only) but they took care of me, no questions asked other than my order number to make sure it was a pre-wired kit and not due to customer wiring incompetence.

So if you ever get an e-fan kit of any kind, do yourself a favor and ditch these type of connectors:
Unread 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #240
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking XJ man. Keep up the great work.

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.