'99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > '99 Sport Build Thread: Grocery Haulin' With Panache

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREE

Unread 01-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #151
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Huskies make great friends. Very smart and very independent.

[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #152
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Mine's actually an Alaskan Malamute, although the breeds do look very similar. They're the larger, less crazy sled dogs.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #153
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm liking the build a lot. You also inadvertently solved one of my driveline woes.

Looking forward to the 'battery tray' install.
Unread 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #154
MB_01XJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Good looking Jeep and dog. My wife had an Alaskan Malamute she was a great dog...
85 F150 4WD / Weld Racing wheels, 32 x 11.5 Tires, Leveling springs
MB_01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #155
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Renegade View Post
I'm liking the build a lot. You also inadvertently solved one of my driveline woes.

Looking forward to the 'battery tray' install.

Thanks. How did I help with that?

Since I don't have a garage I'll be doing the prep, paint, fender cutting and install at a buddy's house over the course of a few visits (plus he has all of my power tools). Hoping to have it done by Super Bowl weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_01XJ View Post
Good looking Jeep and dog. My wife had an Alaskan Malamute she was a great dog...
Thanks! They really are great dogs...very independent, so it's nice to not have them running around at your heels begging for attention all of the time.

Unread 01-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #156
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhart63 View Post
Huskies make great friends. Very smart and very independent.
he looks like a raccoon or he has glasses on

nice looking dog though.

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #157
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Got the Dirtbound e-fans installed yesterday. All in all, a very easy project despite the issue with the radiator. It looks like a lot of people hacked their header panel to make the shroud fit over the top of it, but I put it between the radiator and the header. It made for a snug fit when tightening the header back down, but I didn't feel like cutting anything up. Apparently Dirtbound makes a better fitting shroud now that also has vanes to separate the fans, giving them a lower pressure and making them slightly more efficient. Not that they are inefficient at all...the first two come on right at 185 and the third kicks on at 210, dropping the temp to right around 200. Very pleased with these.

The nice German-quality temp sensor plumbed into the heater line. Two lines go to a relay for the 185 fans, the other goes right to the battery. I just wanted to get it all done as it was getting dark, so I'll go back and rewire it to an ACC. Kind of weird hearing all of that fan noise after you shut the engine off.

Plenty of room now with the heavy clutch fan and bulky electric fan gone.

And some other things to do...

Unread 01-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #158
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Thanks. How did I help with that?
My used TW rear driveshaft has a flange-style centering ball and I noticed yours has a yoke-style. It made me realize that I could swap in a yoke-type, so I can buy a pair of those and use a standard SYE instead of the RE hack & tap. More detail on the last page of my build.

Looks like you've got some fun plans for the near future, too.
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #159
mikeredjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

And some other things to do...
[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see how this is going to look on your Jeep! How long after you ordered the tanker bumper did it arrive? I've heard that its a pretty long wait.
mikeredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #160
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I can't wait, either. I think it's really going to tie everything together aesthetically. Hoping to have my tax return back soon so that I can throw on a spare and hi-lift, too.

It was a bit of a wait, but AJ was redesigning the entire carrier plus the hinge/bearing assembly and then he had to wait a little bit for some of the parts to come in (inventory/supply). Took a little over 3 months from his jig to my doorstep I guess, but I told him I wasn't in any hurry for it.

Weighs around 120-130 lbs...

Unread 01-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #161
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Love following this build. I'm sure you've said it and I've missed it, approx how much lift are you running with your current set up?

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #162
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's a little tough to get an exact measurement now that I no longer have the original flare line to measure to from the hubs (unless someone can give me a different reference point) but I estimate right around 3.75" - 4" currently. I'm aiming for 5" with the add-a-leafs and ACOS adjustment so that my 33's can clear the new flares under full flex. Right now they rub just enough to be annoying.

Unread 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #163
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Since it was nice out today, I decided to hurry and throw in my OME D22XL add-a-leafs. Got a bit of a late start though, so I wasn't able to adjust the front before it started to get dark. Even with the ACOS, there's too many other things to adjust...will tackle that tomorrow. Hoping to get the bumper and tire carrier done this weekend.

Pretty easy to drop these in. Just remove the shock at the axle mount, take off the u-bolts and spring clamps, remove the centering pin and slide in the leaf. Sandwich back together with the jack and tighten everything back up. Took about 90 minutes total and I was taking my time. Gained about 1" exactly, but I didn't drive around afterward to let everything settle in.

Just enough clearance at the clamps to fit an extra leaf in.

Unread 02-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #164
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good Phillip.

I will be in T Town again soon for a visit with Mom. Would be great to meet up this time! Will give you a heads up and maybe we can make it work?

LOVE the fans.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #165
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Since it was nice out today, I decided to hurry and throw in my OME D22XL add-a-leafs. Got a bit of a late start though, so I wasn't able to adjust the front before it started to get dark. Even with the ACOS, there's too many other things to adjust...will tackle that tomorrow. Hoping to get the bumper and tire carrier done this weekend.

Pretty easy to drop these in. Just remove the shock at the axle mount, take off the u-bolts and spring clamps, remove the centering pin and slide in the leaf. Sandwich back together with the jack and tighten everything back up. Took about 90 minutes total and I was taking my time. Gained about 1" exactly, but I didn't drive around afterward to let everything settle in.

Just enough clearance at the clamps to fit an extra leaf in.
I used the OME AAL in my OME pack and it netted 1" and it has stayed that way for over 6 months.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.