99 cherokee/brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 99 cherokee/brakes

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
restonpat

99 cherokee/brakes

I am looking for a solution to pads that wear out too soon.Is there a pad that mechanics reccomend,that will wear longer,and stop better?This seems to be a problem with this particular model.I have read stories from owners like me who are looking for a solution to this problem....thank you

restonpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Brake less gear down.. Jk

i found my monroe pads have been solid for the first year( since oct 2012 anyways) they have a3 year warranty so if i have to ill shave them down the final year of warranty to get new ones. Id recommend the monroe they stop
Great dont squeal when wet.
Floreancig_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Drive less aggressively. Seriously, anticipate traffic slowdowns and stop signs/lights, let off the gas earlier, and coast more. From 60 mph, if you can drop 15-20 mph by coasting instead of braking, your brakes will last 25-30% longer.

Buy better brakes. Most auto parts stores offer cheap brakes the wear quickly, OK brakes mid-grade brakes that wear OK, and quality brakes that stop the best and last the longest. Most repair shop shops install low grade to mid-grade brakes.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.