'98 cherokee lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > '98 cherokee lift

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Flywire
1998 XJ Cherokee 

'98 cherokee lift

just got a 98 cherokee sport, and was wondering about a 4.5" lift, would i need to a slip yoke eliminator and a longer drive shaft or would if be o k. Also can a dana 35 handle 33" tires mudding ok?

new to cherokees and help would be appreciated.

Flywire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
cheesewhiz98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i've got a rough country 4.5 inch lift with a very cheap very simple transfer case drop kit and i dont have any real vibration to speak of, the dana 35 with 33's will work for how long i dont know i have a chrysler 8.25 with 31's and it works well for me.
cheesewhiz98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

On my 89 Cherokee I had a RE 4.5” Lift and no transfer case drop and no SYE, I did not have any vibrations. I was also locked front and rear with Dana 30/35 with 4.56 gears and never broke an axle, as long as you are careful it can be done, just don’t go ape **** while off-roading and you should be ok for a long while.
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywire View Post
just got a 98 cherokee sport, and was wondering about a 4.5" lift, would i need to a slip yoke eliminator and a longer drive shaft or would if be o k. Also can a dana 35 handle 33" tires mudding ok?

new to cherokees and help would be appreciated.
The driveline vibes start at different heights for everyone. All Cherokee are different. Some people need it at 3 some people need it at 4.5. It would be a smart idea to get a sye though.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Flywire
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks for the info. the kit im looking at comes with a 1" tcase drop.
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Steelo805
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm willing to bet the 35 will go on 33s if you're "mudding"
Steelo805 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
Flywire
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelo805 View Post
I'm willing to bet the 35 will go on 33s if you're "mudding"
well it will include some pretty deep muck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.