97-01 Fender Flare Retainers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 97-01 Fender Flare Retainers

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 10-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
yoi55
1997 XJ Cherokee 

97-01 Fender Flare Retainers

Ok, I know this has been asked a few times before, but I can't find a straight answer. I need fender flare retainers for my 97 Cherokee as they are completely rusted out. I can find 84-96 retainer kits without any problems, but finding 97-01 retainers is almost impossible! Or, I was looking at getting flares that just bolt directly on like the Bushwacker flares do, but I don't want to spend $300+ dollars on them! Is there any place where I can buy all of the fender flares and retainers (or the bolt on flares for a decent price)?? I have called around to a ton of junk yards and NOBODY has any. Either they are a very wanted item, or they are all just rusted out too badly.

Also, I'm not looking for special spiffy flares...OEM style will be perfect.

yoi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm interested in this too...

College Student in Genetics, misanthrope, Jeeper and musician

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
PaYankee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

They probably don't know what you are talking about. It would be better to go to the junkyard yourself. There are at least 5 xjs in the yard near me with complete sets of the retainers you are looking for. (Couple are smashed though)
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The only new replacements are from the dealership for insane prices. The only place to find them otherwise is the junk yard.
Unread 11-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Here they are for for about $27 each.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-fe...ner-flares.htm
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.