94' xj interior UPGRADE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 94' xj interior UPGRADE

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
TheOneInLine
1994 XJ Cherokee 

94' xj interior UPGRADE

My ongoing project I started when I found my carpet soaked front to back. I still need to post updated pics of undercoating the entire interior. The brown paint is rust preventing specific paint. Next... I'm thinking of filling the interior frame channels with spray foam, to add strength, sound deadening and added insulation for those cold nights snoozing in the back. The torch picture is a short I found from moisture attacking a wire.

TheOneInLine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
keepishop
1989 XJ Cherokee 

DEH-5500 head unit?

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap, bronco 2 carrier, rad fan switch
Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I dont see how that little bit of insulation on the rails will do much to keep you warmer. But hey, let us know if it does.

And sense you're Bedlineing the floor, you might as well pop out the drain plugs, and get some rubber ones to cover them up.

How did your whole interior get soaked in the first place?
Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
TheOneInLine
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepishop View Post
DEH-5500 head unit?
No its a DEH-P650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbiked View Post
I dont see how that little bit of insulation on the rails will do much to keep you warmer. But hey, let us know if it does.

And sense you're Bedlineing the floor, you might as well pop out the drain plugs, and get some rubber ones to cover them up.

How did your whole interior get soaked in the first place?
The floor got wet from to small holes in the pan and many deep puddles. It came up from the bottom, I know that for sure. There's a rubber membrane under that carpet that prevents moisture from soaking down into the pad below. So for the extreme prolonged wet carpet from below finally seeped through to the top, by that time it was soaked and had a faint smell of mold. I'm going to drive it to the car wash and do a leak test after the undercoat interior is all said and done. When I know she's sealed up I'll reinstall the carpet. I would leave it out, though I like to sleep in the back, and cold metal doesn't sound nice. I'll post new pictures soon.
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Please do not use spray foam on areas prone to moisture, it will not seal out wetness but absorb it like a sponge.

Good luck on your project
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
TheOneInLine
1994 XJ Cherokee 

That's the plan, thanks for the input, that's what we're hear for right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.