94 two door cherokee sprt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 94 two door cherokee sprt

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
liljon
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

94 two door cherokee sprt

so i just bought myslef another jeep cause i just couldnt stay away from them after i sold my 92 that i had a 3in spring lift with 2in spacers and old man emu 3in leafs with 2in blocks and it was on 33's. ended up buying almost the same jeep again.

but this time i want to go bigger with it. 6.5 long arm kit and then into fullsize axles(with lockers) and dual casing it. only down fall is i am having trouble choosing which lift and what axles i want to go with. hoping that you can give me some other ideas or help out with which one i should go with.

so i have looked at the rough country 6.5 la kit and someone told me it was garbage and i should try and stay away from it if it was going to be my dd. http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_6xla.html

then i have looked at the bds 6.5 la kit and it looks the same beside the price for the most part... was looking to get some advice and maybe some other ideas yall would have.
http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...8&yr=1984-2001

axles wise i was thinking that i would just go d60's front and rear. ideas? would like it to house 38's by the time i am done.

thanks for reading. very open to other kits and ideas as well. i am honestly still in the researching phase right now so please just shoot me ideas and i can start playing with those as well. thanks again LilJon

liljon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

for 38s you're going to need 60s front and rear or a 14bolt rear. For lift, check out www.Staagfab.com I don't know the price, but it appears to be bulletproof. Run coils of your choice and a IRO double sheer trackbar and call it good... I hope you know what you're getting into.
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Dear lord this would be awesome. rough country has great customer service is what I know
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
liljon
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr View Post
for 38s you're going to need 60s front and rear or a 14bolt rear. For lift, check out www.Staagfab.com I don't know the price, but it appears to be bulletproof. Run coils of your choice and a IRO double sheer trackbar and call it good... I hope you know what you're getting into.

thanks for the input. yeah i have a pretty good idea of what im getting into. after the full sas kit we just did on my buddies chevy s10 zr2. lots of plating was done to that. plus we shortened his bed and all sorts of stuff.

oh the link didnt work tho.
Unread 05-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
liljon
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookhart63 View Post
Dear lord this would be awesome. rough country has great customer service is what I know
thanks man. yeah is just in the planning stages so far. but once i start the build ill get some photos going for everyone to see.
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

try this one http://staangsfab.com/products-1/jeep-cherokee-xj/
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
liljon
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr View Post
awesome thanks that one worked. looking at it now. looks like some serious tubing. i like that idea. thanks again for the advise
Unread 05-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #8
3vze28
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i had the tnt long arm kit in my hands a month or so back...after careful inspection of its beefiness i would clearly purchase a kit from them without a doubt.

Build Thread--->[COLOR="Blue"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/its-build-thread-time-995498/[/url][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/its-build-thread-time-995498/"][/URL][/COLOR]
3vze28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #9
liljon
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vze28 View Post
i had the tnt long arm kit in my hands a month or so back...after careful inspection of its beefiness i would clearly purchase a kit from them without a doubt.

thanks yeah ill have to look into them. right now i am tempted to just fab my own kit together and make the rear into a coil spring set up for the flex.
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
3vze28
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljon View Post
thanks yeah ill have to look into them. right now i am tempted to just fab my own kit together and make the rear into a coil spring set up for the flex.
that would be sick. even tho i just bought my uppers and lowers i am tempted buy a tnt setup that someone is selling locally for well below the standard price. its totally new. i really dig their full coverage belly skid with the arm mounts integrated in.

Build Thread--->[COLOR="Blue"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/its-build-thread-time-995498/[/url][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/its-build-thread-time-995498/"][/URL][/COLOR]
3vze28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
liljon
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vze28 View Post
that would be sick. even tho i just bought my uppers and lowers i am tempted buy a tnt setup that someone is selling locally for well below the standard price. its totally new. i really dig their full coverage belly skid with the arm mounts integrated in.
nice nice. yeah i have been looking at some kits and after seeing how they are constructed i think i can fab my own. just going to have to take some messurements and all that and i should be good. going to go buy my new welder here in the next couple weeks.... so after i start i will post pictures and see what ya think. but yeah i am trying to decide if i want to keep the front a 4 link system or make it a 3 link.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.