an 88 build thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > an 88 build thread

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 06-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
camjeep3
1988 MJ Comanche 

an 88 build thread

well some work on my 88 is going to be happening soon, so i figured I'd post up my progress.

its an 88 comanche shortbed 4.0 5spd 4x4. she was neglected by her previous owner and dont let that lift fool you its all spacer and stock everything else. harsh ride.

it had terrible blow by causing oil to leak... alot. solution a bottle to catch the oil but she still leaks way too much.
causing that.

So. for Christmas i recieved a 4.5in RE lift kit that will be going on soon and i also bought a newer motor from a fellow jeeper with about half the miles.(mine has 214k)
i also plan on upgrading to an 8.8 with lockers front and rear as well as some 32s or 33s.
tell me what you think and i will put updates as they happen.

6inch RE lift w/ Spring over-8.8 aussie locker and 4.56s
High School Jeepers #15
camjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
geewally9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like your going to have some work to do, but should be awesome in the end. The comanches are awesome.
2001 XJ CRAPPY ABS (Sold)
1998 XJ RC 6.5. 31x10.5. (Sold)
(Current)1996 XJ 4.5 RE super-flex kit. 33x10.5 (Locked and loaded) All were DD
geewally9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
camjeep3
1988 MJ Comanche 

yeah, the PO who i bought it from worked for jeep assembling these... you wouldnt believe it with the way he "upgraded" and maintained the thing. i need to rewire the whole underedash preaty much...
6inch RE lift w/ Spring over-8.8 aussie locker and 4.56s
High School Jeepers #15
camjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.