800-1000 whats the best/biggest lift deal out there? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 800-1000 whats the best/biggest lift deal out there?

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
jzoomer
1998 ZJ 

800-1000 whats the best/biggest lift deal out there?

i was trying to get a 6" kit at a killer deal but it fell through at the last minute and was wandering with my $800-$1000 budged for the best deal on a lift

i am looking for the most lift for the buck...
also looking for something tough
ride quality isn't really an issue for me
want to be able to take it to some mild trails,
i plan on going to the 1 ton steering upgrade soon to in case i run into some rocks or something in a hole... want to do OTK

what's the best deal out there, (i want to run 32's-33's)

oh and i don't mind to do some work/fab if i can save enough money doing it DIY to pay for a welder / bigger air compressor

i love getting my hands dirty but i also cant leave it in tear down for long cause it has to perform DD duties

parts i have that i could possibly use:

Leafs from an 88 chevy 1500 lwb model (how much lift would i get from these? using it as AAL or Bastard Pack?)

and thats about it right now lol..ive heard f150 front springs (how much lift does that give?)

jzoomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Read my Build thread , Link is in my Sig, I pieced together a RE 3.5" with full leafs and Bilstein 5100 shocks an some Rock Sliders for $1,000 if you trim and run proper bumpstops you can run 33's
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

You don't need 6" for light wheeling. It creates a lot of drive line and suspension replacement/upgrade issues for no real reason. You're not going to get that height cheap.

Stick with a solid 3-4" lift and focus on building your axles. Swap the rear with a Ford 8.8 and regear it accordingly. You can find some good, cheap deals on them, they're more solid than Dana 44's and the kits to make them bolt on for the XJ's are under $300.

You're better off investing in skid plates and armor than upgrading to 1-ton steering.
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
jzoomer
1998 ZJ 

any input on how much lift my chevy leaf's would add? if i could use those and save a few hundred $$ that would be great....i think im going to try with at least 4" 4.5" lift overall front and rear....
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Depends how you're stacking it and which leafs you're using.
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Durt_Diver
2005 LJ Wrangler 

iro 4" kit. iro adjustable track bar. currie upper and lower control arms. upper ca's can probably wait a little if need be. i would buy lowers first and see how it flexes. iro hack n tap sye. boom, thats a great lift right there

lockers don't work unless you have Rubicon stickers
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
jzoomer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Depends how you're stacking it and which leafs you're using.
i have i think 2-3 springs from each side (all except the flat thick one at the bottom and the main one, i did a mono leaf on it and kept the extras)

how would i go about adding them onto the jeep im sure they are much longer, and may need cut down but how do i cut them correctly to length, any way i could know the lift i would get from the before installing them so i can order the front springs and put them on at the same time...
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

dont forget your going to need everything moded/upgraded to properly adjust to the lift afterward
93 2wd pos xj sport *sold*
89 nissan 240sx *wrecked*-03 Cbr954rr *traded*
2nd 89 nissan 240sx *sold*
lk123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoomer View Post
i have i think 2-3 springs from each side (all except the flat thick one at the bottom and the main one, i did a mono leaf on it and kept the extras)

how would i go about adding them onto the jeep im sure they are much longer, and may need cut down but how do i cut them correctly to length, any way i could know the lift i would get from the before installing them so i can order the front springs and put them on at the same time...
Dakota leafs are similar size and the main leaf gives you about 4"s. You won't get much from adding the other leafs.

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...udget_Lift.htm

That^ will do a better job of explaining what to do than I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lk123 View Post
dont forget your going to need everything moded/upgraded to properly adjust to the lift afterward
Unless you're going over 4" there really isn't much you need to change outside of having an alignment done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.