600W Pure Sine Wave Inverter Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 600W Pure Sine Wave Inverter Install

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
bmac13sv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

600W Pure Sine Wave Inverter Install

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post some info about a recent install for anyone thinking about doing a hard wired inverter for their rig.

I wanted to have an outlet in the front seat and be able to run computers/charge phones and basically anything at a campsite that is needed. I already have subs with No.4 fused 80A power running back to them, so I decided to use that for power to save some money and space for an additional wire run.

Here are the components I purchased:
1. 25 ft of No.4 speaker power cable
2. Distribution block 4g to 2x4g
3. Xantrex Pure Sine Wave inverter 600W
4. Xantrex Inverter Switch
5. 15 ft extension cord
6. Outlet box, outlet and waterproof cover.

I put the outlet in the passengers leg area for easy access. The outlet is powered by a extension cord that runs in the trim up to the center console. Since you need to HOLD the power button to turn it on, and i wanted to mount the inverter in the back, i mounted the switch on the center console as well. I think it turned out really clean, and I look forward to doing some camping trips with her. I don't really use the subs when i would be using the inverter, and I don't turn the subs up really loud even if i was using the inverter, so I'm not worried about any surges there.

I also show a picture of how I have it wired in with the subs.

Let me know what you think!

img_0010.jpg   img_0011.jpg   img_0012.jpg  
Jeep XJ. 3.5" Full spring pack Rusty's suspension. aFe cold air intake. 33x12.5x15" BFG TA KO's on Cragar Soft 8's. 60mm TB. JCR Offroad Stage 3 Front and Rear Bumpers. New 4.0L (victim of 0331 head). aFe cold air intake. Dynomax Catback.
BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/bmacs-2000-xj-build-1292498/
bmac13sv is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.