5k to buy an XJ and ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 5k to buy an XJ and ???

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Bam-Bam
2000 WJ 

5k to buy an XJ and ???

So... I finally sold my truck and I am ready to buy another XJ and I am Totaly Stoked !!!
I have been watching CL and the prices seem a bit high on the non rusted out POS Jeeps what used to be got for 1500 is now more like 2500 so I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on where to look for a nice Cherokee.

I am planing on using it as a DD and weekend warrior, probably 75 percent on road and 25 off.

Plan is:
Jeep = 3500$ give or take
Lift = 400-500$
Tires/rims = 800$
200$ - 500$ = left over for ???? Locker, up grade radio/speakers maybe, better front seats perhaps

Do you guys think my numbers are realistic or maybe way off ? Any other ideas I am missing ? Opinions and Pics are welcome!!!

Unread 08-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
pinaplebob
1992 XJ Cherokee 

When I was looking everyone in the Chicago area seemed rusted at that same price range. I ended up settling for one with higher miles but a better body if that makes sense.
pinaplebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Bam-Bam
2000 WJ 

Yeah they all seem to have high miles, the ones that don't have a crazy price tag, I guess I'm just going to have to search for a while to find one with the least amount of rust and less then 200k

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.