Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is 4x4 groupbuy.com legit?

6K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  FrankZ 
#1 ·
Need some Bilsteins and don't want to get hosed.

#3 ·
I haven't used 4x4groupbuy, but have seen some pretty unbelievable prices pop up there and wondered myself, I'm curious to see if anyone has something to say about them.

But, on the subject of bilsteins, I went shopping for 5100's a little while back. Decided I wasn't ready to drop that kind of cash until I decided on my final lift height, but the best price I saw short of shady ebay dealers and such was a quote from Kolak here. He's got good press on the forums and might be worth a PM if you're thinking bilsteins.

#12 ·
Also curious about 4x4groupbuy.com, as they have the best price on the Olympic top hat roof rack.

Who here has ordered from them?

#17 ·
Good point.. I don't know, that's why I kept my business license active and all my wholesale accounts. Because I just don't trust a lot of these sites. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have put Fox shocks on my $150 Jeep.. haha

#21 ·
So far:

Ordered shocks on the 24th
Got a receipt on the 26th. No tracking number
Called for the TN on the 28th.
CS guy said they had single shocks in two locations so he is looking into it.

I think I am spoiled by Amazon's shipping. Hopefully it will all play out by the 8th as I have a trip planned.
No real worries but I kinda miss driving it.

In the mean time I can fix all the bolts I snapped so far as I pull the old shocks out

#27 ·
I was one of those hiccups then. Ordered the Olympic top hat (textured black), a couple days later I get an email saying it's backordered, no ETA...but(!) they can get me one from a 3rd party for as much as would cost me to order it through regular channels. Since the savings were gone and ETA unknown, I cancelled the order. For me, the whole point of buying it from 4x4GB.com was the savings.

Wound up buying it on Amazon with free 2-day Prime shipping for only slightly more than 4x4GB.com. I'll still use 4x4GB.com in the future, my experience was not the norm from everything I've read, and Jason really did try to help me out. Good customer service makes the difference in a lot of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.