35-37" after D44/9" axle swap? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 35-37" after D44/9" axle swap?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #31
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

eh, I think 35" MTZ's are winning out after all. I found a brand new one a guy had as a spare for $125 and two that have 3/4 tread for $150. I'll just keep piecing a set together like this off of CL and forums, I think.

koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #32
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

If price is a factor why not get surplus 37's run and groove them

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #33
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

eh.... I think 35's will be fine. Price is always a factor, but even if I go with brand new 35" MTZ's 4 are only going to run me $1k and I really like them.
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #34
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/8-Bolt...l-w-TIRES.html

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/axles...1-special.html

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #35
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, so that would be $750 for just the wheels.... then how much for tires? You think I'm made of money here?
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #36
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, got a second at work to read more on Trail Worthy Fab's website.... So, with my choices I would need to save up $2409.50 plus shipping. OUCH! They would be badass, but I just don't have that kind of cash to throw down on wheels and tires. I'm looking at keeping my current bullet hole wheels and spending a MAX of $1000 on tires. Maybe some day I'll have the cash to go that route, but that day is not today.

8 Bolt Hummer Wheel Special w/TIRES Our wheel and tire package price tag starts out with your wheel. You add the options you want and we build them to suit your needs. You won't find a cheaper double bead lock and tire combo anywhere. We will supply you with the stock 8 bolt wheel, cut out the stock centers, supply you with new centers, weld in your new centers, supply you with a new o ring and a new valve stem and new flange nuts and toss on a 37" Goodyear MT, BFG Baja T/A, or Goodyear Wrangler MT/R in combo form. If you choose a wheel and tire combo with our PVC inserts we will pressure test your setup before it leaves to verify the package is functional. Shipping is VIA truck freight to your nearest dock in the lower 48 states. Please call to find your nearest freight terminal location and your inexpensive freight rate.

Selected options:
Centers:Pressed (3.5" Back Spacing Only)Bolt Pattern:5x5.5"Back Spacing for Flat Centers:--Rock Ring:Skull RingWelded:YesGrind Welds:--Outer Wheel Color:Hammered BlackInner Wheel Color:Hammered BlackInsert:PVC InsertTires:Goodyear MT/RsEdit options
$481.90 x = $2409.50
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #37
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
eh, I think 35" MTZ's are winning out after all. I found a brand new one a guy had as a spare for $125 and two that have 3/4 tread for $150. I'll just keep piecing a set together like this off of CL and forums, I think.
$375 is a great deal for three 35's, especially since its the tire you want. I'd jump on them if I was you.
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #38
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

This is true. If I can pick up a few more of other people's spares they're getting rid of I'll be set.
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Or even buy another new one. Your still well below your $1k budget. Then you'd have 2 new and 2 at 75%
Unread 04-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #40
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I actually don't HAVE any money set aside for tires. So, not sure why I'm setting the "budget" at $1k. No matter how much I end up spending I'll have to pull the money out of my *** somehow.
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #41
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Creepy crawlers or Khumo KL 71 MT's. I have run both, both are good. The KL 71's are surprisingly good.

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #42
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I would LOVE to pick up some 37" creepies. I would take those in a second if I had the money. Did you run the creepy crawlers on the road or was the XJ a trailer queen? If so, how did they hold up? My worry is that they would wear too quickly. I can't afford to be buying new tires every other year. If I can get 5k street miles and around 20 moderate wheeling trips out of a set of tires I'd be more than happy. That should last me 3-4 years with the amount of time I have to wheel.
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #43
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

I ran them on my F250, they are equivalent to your MTZ's on tread life.

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #44
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

ah crap... looks like I might be getting a few $$'s back from taxes and I'm selling my old rear axle and 33" MTZ's, SOOOOOO...... I might have enough for 37" Creepies after all! Or should I just stick with 35" MTZ's and put the extra money towards something else for the Jeep? With new tires, SYE, rear driveshaft.... what else do I need? Cage? Sliding Ragtop? Other than those I can't really think of anything I want.
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #45
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Essentially Offroad Cage = $700

Sliding Ragtop = $700

hhhhmmmmm........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.