33s and 2 inch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 33s and 2 inch

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Ruttedbeez
2000 XJ Cherokee 

33s and 2 inch

it's coming up on time to get new tires. I was thinking a set of 33s. My only concern is I'm running a two inch budget. I do have a set of Bush whacker flares which require a decent amount of cutting of the fenders. Do you think I'd have any issues clearing the tires.

Ruttedbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Not if you bumpstop right. You will hit the inside of the wells in spots on turns if you dont massage some metal out with a bfh.

You will have to cut and fold the rear.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Ruttedbeez
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I knew I'd probably have to bump stop. that's not a big deal and was going to buy 3.75 offset rims. So the turning might not be an issues, or close to what I have now at full turn. I can't afford to lift it now and get tires so was thinking about a somewhat low cog approach. Abby other suggestions would be great. thanks
Ruttedbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttedbeez View Post
Yeah I knew I'd probably have to bump stop. that's not a big deal and was going to buy 3.75 offset rims. So the turning might not be an issues, or close to what I have now at full turn. I can't afford to lift it now and get tires so was thinking about a somewhat low cog approach. Abby other suggestions would be great. thanks
You'll clear the LCAs at that offset, but you won't clear parts of the inner fender. At a minimum you'll have to flatten the seams and cut out where the bottom of the fender bolts on. Sitting still I don't rub at full lock, but if I'm on the road, in a parking lot, ect I'll rub a little on the turns on the inside of the fender at full lock because of body roll. That's without any swaybars though.

I have new (less than 500 miles) 33" MTRs and they measure 32" tread to tread on a 33x12.5 on 15x8 with 3.75 bs. Don't go by my Jeep info on the left, I haven't installed the spacers or shackle boxes yet.

A 33x11.5 than a 33x12.5 would clear a lot better.

Clearance in the rear in the pics is off because I had a ton of tools in the back at the time.
2013-04-01-17.43.59.jpg   2013-04-01-17.24.57.jpg   2013-04-01-16.56.39.jpg  

Unread 05-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Fwiw it's cheaper to run, but it's not any easier. It's not like you can lift 2" and slap new tires in. You really need to cut out parts of the inner fender and weld in flat sheet metal to get any real up travel in the front and cut past the pinch seams in the rear and reweld a bigger opening for it in the rear.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.