JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   330,000 miles!!! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/330-000-miles-564621/)

colt933 05-30-2008 10:40 AM

330,000 miles!!!
 
http://nashville.craigslist.org/car/678044585.html

88XJSport 05-30-2008 10:47 AM

I believe it!! :2thumbsup:

norsky 05-30-2008 10:50 AM

It's always good to hear about an XJ getting that many miles and still kicking! :thumbsup:

blacky_j 05-30-2008 11:08 AM

gah! someone's been driving alot! especially for a 2001

SillyPutty 05-30-2008 12:00 PM

Averaging 131 miles a day, every day, since 2001. wow.

grantsjeep 05-30-2008 12:32 PM

The real question though is it worth 3K?

-Grantsjeep

srmitchell 05-30-2008 01:18 PM

Thats amazing.

Not the miles, but miles vs. the age.

mavrick480 05-30-2008 01:56 PM

Being a 2k1 the parts haven't even had enough time to rust up really good. Miles are one thing but time is one of the biggest killers of vehicles... IMO

Kinda like Semi-trucks you hear about those having 1,000,000 miles on them but then you take a second look and there only 5 or 7 years old and they have been running more than they sat still.

grantsjeep 05-30-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrick480 (Post 5279996)
Being a 2k1 the parts haven't even had enough time to rust up really good. Miles are one thing but time is one of the biggest killers of vehicles... IMO

Kinda like Semi-trucks you hear about those having 1,000,000 miles on them but then you take a second look and there only 5 or 7 years old and they have been running more than they sat still.

Stupid question but was does IMO stand for?

-Grantsjeep

berlinetta 05-30-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantsjeep (Post 5280050)
Stupid question but was does IMO stand for?

-Grantsjeep

in my opinion

XJRidinHigh 05-30-2008 02:15 PM

"In My Opinion"

I think its worth the money. Think about it, those parts are still in great shape and no rust because theres no salt down there. $250 engine drop and you got a 2001 with 70,000+ miles. Not bad.

grantsjeep 05-30-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJRidinHigh (Post 5280060)
"In My Opinion"

I think its worth the money. Think about it, those parts are still in great shape and no rust because theres no salt down there. $250 engine drop and you got a 2001 with 70,000+ miles. Not bad.

Reason I ask is that I picked up my 1999 Cherokee for 4200 bucks and it only had 96XXXX miles on it.

I guess in the parts are good, then the mileage is not the enemy but the time.

-Grantsjeep

danw77 05-30-2008 02:36 PM

At an average of $2.50 a gallon and 18 mpgs, thats almost $46,000 in gas!

88XJSport 05-30-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantsjeep (Post 5280069)
Reason I ask is that I picked up my 1999 Cherokee for 4200 bucks and it only had 96XXXX miles on it.

So 300,000 miles must seem brand new to you. :rofl:

XJRidinHigh 05-30-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danw77 (Post 5280127)
At an average of $2.50 a gallon and 18 mpgs, thats almost $46,000 in gas!

Wow, but Id say the average is in the high $2.xx. Still amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantsjeep
Reason I ask is that I picked up my 1999 Cherokee for 4200 bucks and it only had 96XXXX miles on it.

Too many X's. But for 96,000 miles, that is a steal. XJ's around here with those stats run $5500 or more:confused:


The time now is 08:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.