32" tires on 2" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 32" tires on 2" lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineParacord grab handles, door limiting, etc at JeepHut.comRough Country Deals at JeepHut.com

Unread 11-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
BlackXJ98

32" tires on 2" lift

Hey guys new to the site and to lifting my cherokee. I bought a teraflex 2" spacer lift and a 2.5" RE full length add a leaf for my jeep.

I have been looking at 31s and this jeep will not be doing much off roading at all, mainly a DD. I saw some cheaper MTs by cooper that are 32x11.5 however the actual measurements are 31.3". Most marketed 31s measure actually around 30.5" - 30.8" which would make the 32" coopers only about 1/2" larger. Will these work ok on my jeep since flexing wont really be typically done? They will be mounted on 15" jegs baja 8s with 3.75" BS.

BlackXJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackXJ98 View Post
Hey guys new to the site and to lifting my cherokee. I bought a teraflex 2" spacer lift and a 2.5" RE full length add a leaf for my jeep.

I have been looking at 31s and this jeep will not be doing much off roading at all, mainly a DD. I saw some cheaper MTs by cooper that are 32x11.5 however the actual measurements are 31.3". Most marketed 31s measure actually around 30.5" - 30.8" which would make the 32" coopers only about 1/2" larger. Will these work ok on my jeep since flexing wont really be typically done? They will be mounted on 15" jegs baja 8s with 3.75" BS.
It will be fine, Trim to fit.
35x12.5 on 2.5-3
Unread 11-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
BlackXJ98

Only thing is i dont want to trim. I dont mind removing the front bumper end caps. The jeep is a DD and will not see any offroad at the moment. Just some snow etc. So flexing will not be in the cards. Just typical street use for the time being.
Unread 11-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxj98
only thing is i dont want to trim. I dont mind removing the front bumper end caps. The jeep is a dd and will not see any offroad at the moment. Just some snow etc. So flexing will not be in the cards. Just typical street use for the time being.
nope.
Unread 11-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
1stockjeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

First driveway you hit the tires will hit the front flares and chew up fender
1stockjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Well, he *could* bump stop it to all heck so it doesn't hit the fenders
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

No up travel suspension would be a very comfortable ride.

Trim or GTFO would be my suggestion.
Unread 11-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

[Homer Simpson voice in a loud whisper]: I wasn't being serious; That's why I used the sarcasm smiley.

sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
BlackXJ98

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka View Post
No up travel suspension would be a very comfortable ride.

Trim or GTFO would be my suggestion.
Well I def know 32s without trimming on 2" would be tough. The only reason I'm considering is because the actual diameter of say the big km2 "31s" is 30.8" where as the actual size of the cooper mud claw "32" is 31.3" which the diff ends up being only .5" in the actual reality. Or 1/4" top and bottom of the tire. I see a lot of guys running 31s on a 2" lift without trimming. They may not have much flex but as I said this is a DD that will see snow at best.
Unread 11-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #10
sweryap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I had trouble with 31's rubbing on a 2" boost, ended up moving to 30's. Others seem to have had different experiences, but 32's seem really unlikely to work to me.
sweryap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #11
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Had to trim a 2" BB and 31" MTR combo to disconnect and wheel. Needed 4" BS wheels to turn full lock as well.

Would have trimmed if I left it a mall crawler too. Small wheel wells originally designed for 28" tires.
Unread 11-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #12
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

If you're only gonna drive it on the street I'd imagine it'll be fine.

Build Thread WK
Other Build Thread XJ
September 2013/January 2015 COTM
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #13
Iceman12
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Something your not taking into consideration with your tire measurements. Width. You are only comparing hieghts. The larger tire is an inch wider. It's not the middle of the tire that will grab the fenders. It won't rub in a straight line, it's in a turn with the tires on a 45 degree angle to the fender where those edges with grab hold of the bottom corners of the fenders. They will rub. I had to do slight corner trimming with 3" of lift and a 31x 10.50 . Had the same back spacing rim as you are going to use as well. Some get lucky with 31's not rubbing. I don't see it happening with out trimming for the 32x11.50's.
Iceman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2014, 07:10 AM   #14
BlackXJ98

well i appreciate all of the help/input from everyone. Another question is if i was to follow the bushwacker install instructions with regards to trimming and relocate the stock fenders would that help fit these tires for DD use? I am able to get a good deal on them so thats why I am looking into it. Other than that i may just end up having to go with the 31s. At the end of the day with these particular "32s" I only need to fit about .5" extra in diameter and .7" in width from you standard 31s.
Unread 11-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #15
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackXJ98
well i appreciate all of the help/input from everyone. Another question is if i was to follow the bushwacker install instructions with regards to trimming and relocate the stock fenders would that help fit these tires for DD use? I am able to get a good deal on them so thats why I am looking into it. Other than that i may just end up having to go with the 31s. At the end of the day with these particular "32s" I only need to fit about .5" extra in diameter and .7" in width from you standard 31s.
The bushwhackers might do it for ya. Somewhere I saw a build for a mall crawler on 33s and 2 inches of lift with them. I would still extend your
Bump stops. Easy to do.
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.