Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

31" tires question

852 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brak876 
#1 ·
How much rubbing would i have with 31x10.5 on a teraflex BB on stock wheels. I plan on ordering tires tomorrow duno... I plan on doing a 3 inch lift in a few months but for now its a BB. Mainly driven on the street some off road nothing hardcore. will i need wheel spacer? or will it just fit on the stock wheels np? :rtft:

#2 ·
Huh? Spacers don't help a TIRE fit on a RIM, they move the wheel out so you don't rub the control arms.
And a 10.5" tire on a 7" rim is gonna bulge a bit.
It would be better to get aftermarket rims of an appropriate width and better backspacing.
(RTFT indeed...)

#5 ·
The 31" diameter will possibly rub the fender flairs on full lock turns, especially if your existing springs are sagging.
Once you install the lift, that issue should be resolved.
The 10.5" width on a stock 7" rim will likely rub the control arms on full lock turns. You could adjust the steering stops, but your turning diameter will increase.
It would be better to get wider rims (8") with better back spacing, but wheel spacers could be used instead.
If you pay attention while turning, you should be OK until you get the lift and spacers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.