Last night I got the rear driver's side shock mount slapped back on and I started working on the driver's side front fender flare a bit. I got the sheet metal trimmed up a bit and tacked on the fender side. I clamped the tube side, but it isn't tacked at all. I wanted to get it on there real quick to stiffen everything up before attempting to drive the HEEP to work today.
And some shots of the HEEP out and about.... at work....
Look at the difference in ground clearance here.... He sits a hair taller, my diff has a little more clearance, but looking at the sides.... WOW! Maybe I should boatside it to make the difference even more ridiculous.
I really just wanted the shock hoops, because I just picked up a set of bilstein 5100's from Vassago (Thanks again for the great deal man....much appreciated). Figured I might as well do the shock hoop thing now since I'm installing new shocks anyway.... Figured I'd pick up a few odds and ends while I was at it.
Decided to hold off on suspension seats and monstaliner for now, so I had a few $$'s set aside since I have my annual work bonus coming and my monthly GI Bill. Just don't tell the wife, because we need new living room furniture.
Wow, 5 months since I posted? I just don't have the time to dedicate to finishing up the XJ.
Managed to cut off the tube fender, paint fender skins and new cheapo redneck flares, and got it all mounted. Front is now legal. Next on the list is the rear flares. Hopefully I can pass inspection after that. The only other thing I'm worried about failing for is not having a front sway bar. I have excessive body roll. It is VERY noticeable. I really want to remedy that. Not sure if this much roll is normal with the T&T longarms, or if I don't have something adjusted quite right.
Red top died on me. Picked up an AGM specific battery charger. I didn't realize I needed one, so I probably killed the battery. It failed the charger's test. Highest it got was before displaying "bad" and shutting off. . .
Picked up a regular lead acid battery from Tractor Supply 2 days ago, but I think that is going back. I found a $50 off coupon for Advance Auto and used it to pick up an AotoCraft Platinum AGM battery for $143. Not too shabby.
I did charge the he'll out of the red top and got it up to 12.5v, but it still fails the AGM character's diagnostic test. Oh well, I tried.
I also contacted Haul Designs. They said they will hook me up with an alignment for $65 and give the Jeep a once over to check my work. After all that is done and I correct anything they find, I'm FINALLY ready to hook it up with insurance, registration, and inspection, get tags and WHEEL. It's been almost 3 years since I've used and abused the Jeep.